Author Topic: The last of the originals for clean and colour please  (Read 3596 times)

Offline CarolBurns

• I am no longer accepting new replies to my topics
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I'm still looking !
    • View Profile
The last of the originals for clean and colour please
« on: Saturday 01 April 06 11:30 BST (UK) »
This is definitely one of my favourite photos as we think it is hubby's grandad and four of his brothers and his mother. Grandad was born in 1876 and is the eldest in the group and he looks to be about 10 or so so this photo would have been taken about 1886 or so.

When I first posted this picture it wasn't a scan of the original but a bad scan of a bad scan and you couldn't see the two boys at either side. We thought there was only 3 boys and a mother and a dog but you can just see the boy at the far left and the boy at the far right.

I would be so grateful if someone could do something with this one. I haven't done anything to it

Thanks in advance

Carol
Thomas, Williams,Owen (s),Griffith (s), Jones - Anglesey<br />Burns, Wallace - Northumberland, Ireland, Scotland<br />Horsburgh, Sandilands, Blackhall, Rankine, Rankin, Hilson, Nielson - Scotland <br />Turnbull, Mills, Burgoyne, Burgon - Northumberland, <br />Davidson - Scotland, India, Burma<br /> Lopez - India, Burma<br/>

Offline Rachael89

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: The last of the originals for clean and colour please
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 01 April 06 12:03 BST (UK) »
If someone can clean it up, I'd be happy to colour it for you  :).

Rachael
Virgin, Mogford, Grant, Clay, Moss, Santer, Arkle

Offline CarolBurns

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I'm still looking !
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 01 April 06 12:12 BST (UK) »
Thanks Rachael

Looking forward to that

Carol
Thomas, Williams,Owen (s),Griffith (s), Jones - Anglesey<br />Burns, Wallace - Northumberland, Ireland, Scotland<br />Horsburgh, Sandilands, Blackhall, Rankine, Rankin, Hilson, Nielson - Scotland <br />Turnbull, Mills, Burgoyne, Burgon - Northumberland, <br />Davidson - Scotland, India, Burma<br /> Lopez - India, Burma<br/>

Offline Keith Bateman

• I am sorry but my emails are not working
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • .....The Cheshire Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 01 April 06 13:53 BST (UK) »
Hi

Here is my cleanup - what with "photo restorers shoulder ache" - I can't spend as much time on it as I would wish - anyone wants to carrying on with it please do so.

Cheers

Keith
Bateman - Ware, Herts, London.<br />Partington - Liverpool - Devon - Manchester<br />Foster - Liverpool - Manchester - Scotland<br />Gates - Cumberland - Liverpool - Manchester - Australia<br />Westwood - Ware, Herts<br /><br /><br />"Any information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"

Has Bouncing Emails

Offline CarolBurns

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I'm still looking !
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 01 April 06 15:20 BST (UK) »
Great clean up Keith - now for a colour up

You can actually see the two boys on each side a lot better

Carol

Offline Rachael89

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 01 April 06 16:47 BST (UK) »
Here's my colour version, I'm not totally happy with it, so I may come back to it later!Anyway I hope you like it.

Rachael
Virgin, Mogford, Grant, Clay, Moss, Santer, Arkle

Offline CarolBurns

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I'm still looking !
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 01 April 06 16:54 BST (UK) »
Very good Rachael

I'm trying to figure out exactly what that is behind the mother and not sure whether it is a tent or coat hungon spade

Carol

Offline kmo

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 01 April 06 22:06 BST (UK) »
Another version.

Offline CarolBurns

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I'm still looking !
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 01 April 06 22:22 BST (UK) »
Lovely job KMO

Thanks very much

Carol