Author Topic: Can you read this headstone please - Whaddon grave  (Read 9883 times)

Offline Loates

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Can you read this headstone please - Whaddon grave
« Reply #18 on: Monday 12 July 10 18:29 BST (UK) »
6) Broken headstone (Adams Moule) (1806)

7) Illegible headstone (Moule)

8) Sacred To The Memory Of Stephen Moule (remainder illegible)

1-8 in one family group.

9) In Memory Of Susannah the daughter of Joseph and Mary Moule d. 23 Nov
     1787 aged 57

10) In Memory Of Stephen Moule son of Joseph and Mary Moule d. 11 June
      1769 aged 11
      Also Joseph the (son) of Joseph and Mary Moule (remainder illegible)

Offline Loates

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 12 July 10 18:39 BST (UK) »
11) Possibly a Moule as it is among the others.
      In Memory Of (illegible) d. (28 Nov) 1749 aged (50)

12) In Memory Of Susannah wife of Joseph Moule of this parish d. 28 Oct 1747
      aged 65

9-12 also in one block and two headstones away from Susannah was

13) In Memory Of Zachariah Moule d. 7 Dec 1785 aged 54

I have Whaddon parish register 1599-1851. Any thing I can look up?
Be lucky    Andy Loates

Offline Emjaybee

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Yer I be again
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 13 July 10 10:48 BST (UK) »
m
Beard Voyce, Scrivens in Worcestershire

Offline maidmarianoops

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • somewhere over the rainbow
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 13 July 10 11:35 BST (UK) »
is this any of your family
sylvia

http://www.bobcopeland.net/all-o/p729.htm#i21857
notts/derbys clark
      "        "      stenson
        "       "    nicholson
       "     "        jarvis
                         castledine
    rhodes

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Lady Di

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 13 July 10 12:39 BST (UK) »
Well this is a pleasant surprise.

Thanks Loates for the great MI's from Whaddon. I'll have to check my files but I know that although I have most of the death records for Moule of Whaddon, the MI's provide a lot of extra information. I'll match your info with what I have and see if there's anything further that I'm missing. Many many thanks.

Thanks MJB for the cleanup of Robert's headstone - much appreciated.

Sylvia - thanks for the link to the Copeland/Moule family. I've come across that branch previously and we haven't been able to make a connection. I know there was a Moule family living in Whaddon in the 1600's and it's possible that both families are descended from the same source. Proving that has been harder then we ever thought possible.

BTW - since I originally posted this picture I have been able to confirm each of the seven sons - Roberts siblings, plus a few sisters as well. I have family for most of them, including some very informative wills.

It appears that most of Robert's siblings either went to live in nearby Royston or immigrated to Hartford in USA. Generally the Moule family has been found in all corners of the globe since that time.

Thanks for reminding me about this family - I really must get back to them and see if there's any new leads.

Much appreciated everyone.

Di
sorry - that wasn't meant to be a saga!!

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Redroger

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dad and Fireman at Kings Cross 13.7.1951
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 13 July 10 15:21 BST (UK) »
My 3XGGF was John Moule bc1811, probably in the Cambridgeshire area, but no real idea where. Does he fit in as another  descendant of Adams Moule please?
Ayres Brignell Cornwell Harvey Shipp  Stimpson Stubbings (all Cambs) Baumber Baxter Burton Ethards Proctor Stanton (all Lincs) Luffman (all counties)

Offline Lady Di

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday 13 July 10 22:06 BST (UK) »

Hi Roger,

Do you have your John Moule on any census? That should give us some idea of his place of birth. Even an occupation may help. He doesn't appear to be a descendant of the Whaddon Moule family though.

Di

Offline Redroger

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dad and Fireman at Kings Cross 13.7.1951
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday 14 July 10 11:44 BST (UK) »
Thanks for that Di. I have just noticed an error on my tree, I give the births of both John and his wife Elizabeth as 1811. This is extremely unlikely as their oldest child Lydia was b 1822, however I think the children of her brother John, do look the most likely
as their known children had the following names and dobs, Lydia, b1822, Elizabeth b1826, Sarah my 2XGGM(1829-1906) and her sister Mary also b1829, I don't know whether they were twins, or Jan and Dec births etc.then a gap to the only son William b1836, and his sister Jane b1839, so it seems possible that my John was possibly the son, or more likely the grandson of Adams Moule. On checking his record I do find that I have some census information which may account for the age error. I have 1841 census where the ages were rounded, so John and Elizabeth could have been born as early as 1806, which, while young is possible.The 1841 census shows |Osborn Terrace St, Andrew the Great, Cambridge, and his occupation is given as Maltster in 1847 at the marriage of Mary. Hope that helps.Don't see any ready connection but my ancestor, Sarah, married a William Brignell and their occupation was painters and decorators. Later the family formed a business, which still functions in Cambridge I believe.
Ayres Brignell Cornwell Harvey Shipp  Stimpson Stubbings (all Cambs) Baumber Baxter Burton Ethards Proctor Stanton (all Lincs) Luffman (all counties)

Offline Lady Di

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday 14 July 10 12:38 BST (UK) »
Roger,

I've had a quick look through the CFHS site for the children's baptisms and also checked the IGI and on the IGI there is a submitted entry for John and Elizabeth Moule and their children. It says that both John and Elizabeth were born in c. 1811 - even though their first child was bp in 1822!!

(It probably isn't wise to believe submitted entries like these  ;) )

The IGI sub. entry also says that Elizabeth, John's wife died in Chesterton in 1843. Is this correct?

CFHS baptism index says they were living at Hills Road when William John was Bp in '36 and Mile Stone Close in '33 when Thomas was baptised.

Have you the family on the 1851 census? Where was John born and what is his age on that census? Are any of the children with him in '51.

Di

CFHS = http://www.cfhs.org.uk/BaptismIndex/index.html