Author Topic: Calder  (Read 3196 times)

Offline ShirleyMunro

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Calder
« on: Tuesday 04 April 06 17:01 BST (UK) »
Hi
I am looking for relatives or anyone who could tell me more about, Jamesina Calder, who died in Tain in 1975. She was born in Caithness, but I don't know where or when, but possably in the Wick area? She married William Fraser from Fearn who died in 1948 aged 51. She then later married Andrew Munro known as Andrew Co. They lived in Tain at the time of her death. She was my gg gran, and I would love to find out where her family came from, and how she came to live in Ross-shire! Thanks
I am the ROC county co-ordinator for FreeReg, and always on the look out for more volunteers.
I am interested in the names of MUNRO, ROSS, and GRAHAM for Kincardine ROC MCDONALD, REID, Blachree, Marr from various other parishes (easter logie, kilmuir easter)in ROC Fraser from Inverness-shire Melvin, McBain, Gordon and Brebner from Aberdeenshire Calder, Mcgregor, Taylor, Clark, Miller, Walter, from Caithness
England-
Ball, Atkins from Bucks(Amersham, Wycombe, Stokenchurch)

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Calder
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 04 April 06 18:47 BST (UK) »
Hi

This is a bit daft  - in the nicest possible way  :) 'cos I think you only live about 2 miles away from me! I recognised the e-mail address that you gave on your R & C posting ::)  Change the @ to  [AT] by the way, it deters spam crawlers. You can modify your message by clicking on the modify button on the top right of your posting.

However, if you have any idea of the age when Jamesina died - or the rough age of her first child, I'll have a look on the Scotlands People site for you. I have some spare units that will go dormant if I don't use them soon.

I'll see what I can come up with. PM me if you like :)

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline ShirleyMunro

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 04 April 06 19:26 BST (UK) »
Hiya,
You have got me stumped on who you might be, but if you got me right you must live near Amat!
So do email me and let me know who you are!
I have no idea when she was born. Her eldest child was Isabella Fraser born June 1921, so if she was 16 or older she had her, she must have been born 1905 or earlier. Thank you very much for you help. Shirley
I am the ROC county co-ordinator for FreeReg, and always on the look out for more volunteers.
I am interested in the names of MUNRO, ROSS, and GRAHAM for Kincardine ROC MCDONALD, REID, Blachree, Marr from various other parishes (easter logie, kilmuir easter)in ROC Fraser from Inverness-shire Melvin, McBain, Gordon and Brebner from Aberdeenshire Calder, Mcgregor, Taylor, Clark, Miller, Walter, from Caithness
England-

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 04 April 06 19:36 BST (UK) »
Maybe there's another of you going around ;D That is unless Amat is an acronym ;)

However I've found her first marriage and birth. I'll e-mail you with the details.
Must go and have my supper now!

Gadget

Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 04 April 06 20:48 BST (UK) »
Jamesina and William were married 21st Nov 1919 at Finlayson St, Fearn, R & C

Jamesina was born 5th October 1900 - 9.45 am, Louisburgh, Wick. Her mother was Ann Miller Calder, Maiden Surname McGregor, a domestic servant. On the record is written: "married to Benjamin Calder, labourer, who she declares is not the father of the child and with who she has had no communication since he deserted her in October 1891"

How sad, poor Ann  :'(

Think it's a bit of census/ BMD searching for you Shirley :)

Gadget

Offline ShirleyMunro

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 04 April 06 22:06 BST (UK) »
Thank you for all your help.
Where one line closes another opens up! :)
Kindest Regards
Shirley
England-