Author Topic: Owen Family, Holyhead - Info to give away  (Read 3674 times)

Offline CarolBurns

• I am no longer accepting new replies to my topics
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I'm still looking !
    • View Profile
Owen Family, Holyhead - Info to give away
« on: Friday 07 April 06 14:36 BST (UK) »
After searching for my Great Grandfather I sent for a birth certificate dated Feb 1884 and felt this was definitely him. So I researched his mother and Grandmother who were both named on the cert.

I eventually traced his Grandparents back to their parents (1790) and when visiting the Records Office in Llangefni I photocopied all the entries I could find

Now I have found that I had the wrong cert and should have had the one I saw dated for July 1883 so all the research has been in vain and I now have plenty of info for anyone reseaching this family.

Starting with the oldest first, here are the details:

MARRIAGE ENTRY:   JOHN OWEN (WIDOWER) & MARGARET EVANS  m 24 MARCH 1818

BIRTH ENTRIES:  JOHN OWEN son of JOHN & MARGARET  B 1821
                          MARGARET daughter of JOHN & MARGARET B 1824
                          OWEN son of JOHN & MARGARET B 1835
                          ADDRESS INCLUDED ON ENTRY

MARRIAGE ENTRY:  JOHN OWEN (1821) AND ANN  m 23 JAN 1856 - BOTH FATHERS NAMES, OCCUPATIONS AND ADDRESSES ON ENTRY

1841 CENSUS IMAGE:  JOHN & MARGARET OWEN - MARKET ST

1861, 81, 91 CENSUS IMAGE:  JOHN & ANN OWEN - BAKER ST & BAPTIST ST

MARRIAGE ENTRY:  THOMAS OWEN & MARGARET JONES - son of John & Ann Owen - 1907

BIRTH CERTIFICATE:  EDWARD JOHN OWEN - 2 FEB 1884 - MOTHER'S NAME, MARGARET AND GRANDMOTHER'S NAME, ANN ON CERT AS WELL AS ADDRESS.

If these are of any use to anyone please let me know and we can arrange for them to be sent to you. All the family were born in Holyhead

Carol
Thomas, Williams,Owen (s),Griffith (s), Jones - Anglesey<br />Burns, Wallace - Northumberland, Ireland, Scotland<br />Horsburgh, Sandilands, Blackhall, Rankine, Rankin, Hilson, Nielson - Scotland <br />Turnbull, Mills, Burgoyne, Burgon - Northumberland, <br />Davidson - Scotland, India, Burma<br /> Lopez - India, Burma<br/>