Author Topic: Elizabeth Williams birth place help - please  (Read 4686 times)

Offline CarolBurns

• I am no longer accepting new replies to my topics
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I'm still looking !
    • View Profile
Re: Elizabeth Williams birth place help - please
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 27 April 06 17:54 BST (UK) »
Hi Gwil

PM on its way

Carol
Thomas, Williams,Owen (s),Griffith (s), Jones - Anglesey<br />Burns, Wallace - Northumberland, Ireland, Scotland<br />Horsburgh, Sandilands, Blackhall, Rankine, Rankin, Hilson, Nielson - Scotland <br />Turnbull, Mills, Burgoyne, Burgon - Northumberland, <br />Davidson - Scotland, India, Burma<br /> Lopez - India, Burma<br/>

Offline CarolBurns

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I'm still looking !
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 27 April 06 19:47 BST (UK) »
Hi Gwil

Just downloaded the medal card and this is the details it gives:

THOMAS Hugh W.
 Sussex Yeo 2887
Welsh R 54986

Medal
Victory : J/1/104B9 Page 7141
Battle:  -------------   Ditto

Nothing else attached to it not even date of entry or Theatre of War first served in

Carol
Thomas, Williams,Owen (s),Griffith (s), Jones - Anglesey<br />Burns, Wallace - Northumberland, Ireland, Scotland<br />Horsburgh, Sandilands, Blackhall, Rankine, Rankin, Hilson, Nielson - Scotland <br />Turnbull, Mills, Burgoyne, Burgon - Northumberland, <br />Davidson - Scotland, India, Burma<br /> Lopez - India, Burma<br/>

Offline CarolBurns

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I'm still looking !
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 07 September 06 14:12 BST (UK) »
UPDATE

I'VE FOUND HER !!!  ;D  ;D
After four hours of scouring through pages and pages of census images for Llanbeblig, Caernarvon I have found Elizabeth.

I looked for every Elizabeth Williams of the same age (give or take a year) and wrote down the addresses as well. Then I happened to notice Ann Thomas 70 Llanfair M E living in Eleanor Street. The address for Ann (mother of Elizabeth's husband) and one of the addresses for Elizabeth matched the mariage cert I have so I think we have a definite match there

Then I looked for Elizabeth's family in 1881 and found them and have managed to trace them back to Elizabeth's Grandparents.

What a noise that brickwall made when it came tumbling down! lol

No more worrying about how to find her now - just have to try and get her certs etc

Thanks to everyone for their help

Carol