Author Topic: Looking for Chilton's  (Read 12177 times)

Offline pete edwards

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for Chilton's
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 05 July 06 19:24 BST (UK) »
Hi Marian :),

Sorry I have not got a clue what it means ???, these records make for fasinating reading, they have been transcribed with no atempt to correct the spelling or grammer, I think I only posted you the Litchfield diocese, for your William, I will have a look on the others two, St Asaph and Hereford. Unfortunatly I only come up to ab 1815, so I would not have this marriage, I did try to find him on the 51 census, no luck, will keep trying though, if I find anything I will post you,

Best wishes.
Pete :).
Edwards, mainly Cound, Frodesely, Acton Burnell. Pitchford. and surrounding villages, Shropshire, /  Rowe, Cound, / Littlehales, Berrington, Shropshire / Radford, Dublin, /   Maguire, Acton Burnell, /  Rudge, Frodesely, /

Offline maz1

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 05 July 06 20:07 BST (UK) »
 :D
hi again Pete
Thanks anyway - you've been a great help. I agree some of the reading on the census' are brilliant reading - makes me laugh sometimes making others in the room look at me strangely!!!!
happy hunting
all the best
Marian

Offline EddieW

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 06 July 06 13:49 BST (UK) »
Hi Jan
If you can check Little & Much Wenlock parish registers when you have time that will be great.
Pete has posted a fairly comprehensive list of Chilton's and it doesn't seem like there is one there at that time. There is only one in the IGI at Little Wenlock but that is in 1808 so if you can't find any more i will start looking further out.
He did get married in Tasmania but there are no parents listed on any of his records in Australia.
Regards
EddieW :)

Offline rossbarnett

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 02 October 16 22:44 BST (UK) »
Hi Eddie,

Some years since your post re: Thomas Chilton, so I assume you now know he was transported to Tasmania on the prison ship Bardaster in 1835 . .  he married Martha HENRY in 1844 . .  died (possibly drowned) in 1853. His daughter (Eliza) Mary married my great-grandfather, Louis Barnett.

Ross

Offline EddieW

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 03 October 16 05:14 BST (UK) »
Hi Ross

You must have a different Thomas Chilton to ours
Our Thomas Chilton did marry Martha Henry in 1844 but he did not die in 1853 nor did he drown
His daughter Eliza Mary did not marry Louis Barnett

Eddie

Offline Alberbury

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Salop Adams,Backhouse,Bailey,Carter,Cartwright,Chambre,Chettoe,Cooper,Fewtrell,Gardner,Greenhouse,Gwilliam, Humphrey,Jenks,Morrey,Otherton,Parry,Pickerall,Powell,Pugh,Reeves,Reynolds,Roberts,Rogers,Salter, Whittakers,Worrall,Wright,Yale

Mont. Davies,Edwards,Hughes,Lewis,Maddox,Mapp,Pritchard
Almeley Prichard
Battersea Young
Brechin Allan,Barrie,Duthie,Hardie,Mathewson,Mitchell,Strachan,Thomson,Valentine,Watt
Chelsea Coates,Smith
Emneth Bennington
Wisbech Bell,Briggs,Willcock

Offline rossbarnett

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Thursday 06 October 16 02:53 BST (UK) »
Okay Eddie,

According to archives here in Melbourne, "Chilton, Mary Elizh (sic)", (sometimes shown as "Mary Elizabeth Chilton") (born in Tasmania in or about 1860) married my great-grandfather Louis A. Barnett in 1891.

You are now saying that this Mary Elizabeth Chilton is NOT the daughter of Thomas Chilton, born 1812, who was transported to Tasmania on the convict ship Bardaster in 1835.

Interesting. Your opinion runs contrary to my research.

Ross

Offline EddieW

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Thursday 06 October 16 04:12 BST (UK) »
As I stated before, you must have a different Thomas Chilton and family than ours
Thomas Chilton and Martha Henry's child was Eliza Mary (not Mary Elizh) born in 1850 not 1860 and married in 1868 as Elizabeth
Eliza being only 18 when she married needed permission of her guardian Catherine Horan a relation of her mother
Eliza did not marry again as her husband did not die until 1913 and she died in 1931

Offline Coco06

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Friday 25 November 16 10:09 GMT (UK) »
Hi, I'm trying to find info on Elizabeth Chilton and her husband Thomas Smith (particularly Thomas) if you could please share anything you have with me? Thanks in advance!!