Author Topic: what can we say ?  (Read 6315 times)

Offline Su

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Every time an Angel smiles a flower grows
    • View Profile
Re: what can we say ?
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 13 October 04 15:31 BST (UK) »
I've just tried to get onto the chat room but it wont let me.  I was going to suggest we meet there.  If you get there first, put the kettle on chuck I'm gasping for a cuppa.
Barnett Altrincham/Manchester
Bates Hindley Lancs
Bowyer Altrincham Cheshire
Cunliffe Hindley
Hollingworth Hale Barnes/Mobberley Ches
Jones Salford/Altrincham
Ramsdale Hindley Lancs
Timperley Warburton/Dunham Massey
Yarwood Great Budworth,Lymm,Dumham Massey

All Census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright

Offline GRACELAND

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Elvis Presley* ARTIST OF THE CENTURY..*
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 13 October 04 18:03 BST (UK) »
well i think i know now  ??? ???
            Everone talks weather so no need here , :D
                And my hair i still have it so i won't do nothing to it ..
                    No i was only trying to find out what topics we would be ok to talk about   :D

God Knew Elvis was Tired so he called him to rest !................
"I like it well done, Cooked. I ain't orderin' a pet."
--Elvis Presley, On Meat
"Don't be like nobody else or you'll be livin' a lie, and that ain't livin'."
--Elvis Presley, On Individuality

Offline JillJ

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 13 October 04 18:43 BST (UK) »
And I, of course, was only joking!

Jill
Jowett & Broadbent in Leeds.
Perry, Hartshorn/e & Wilkes in Birmingham & Dudley. Walker and Dabill in Sheffield & Notts.
Farrar in Darlington & Leeds.
Kidd & Taylor in Hartlepool & Teesside
Census information is crown copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Lloydy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Jump into your genes...and dig up your roots
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 13 October 04 20:46 BST (UK) »
I think the answer is to use the chatroom - perhaps we can arrange some days & times where we can all have a giggle together.  I do realise that as some of our members are overseas - a good example I'll use is Darcy!!! - but hopefully we could overcome that - not sure how though  ??? ??? ;D ;D

I have enjoyed The Lighter Side boards - some of the stories have been hilarious.  Just what I need to cheer myself up on these cold days  ;)

Looking forward to chatting with you all in the Chatroom  :D
All UK Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Bennett, Owen, Owens, Hudson, Crisp, Challinor/Challoner/Chaloner, Lewis, James, Richards, Simon, Mills, Evans, Trow, Davies, Turner, Beaton/Betton, Lloyd, Jenkins, Evans.....and a ton of JONES!!!!

TROW From Wales to New Zealand

Offline Fitty

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Rooting through my Roots
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 13 October 04 21:57 BST (UK) »
I personally love the lighter side MB.  after ploughing through Cenus's and more often than not , not getting anywhere fast, it's just nice to come here and have a giggle. Thats why it's called the lighterside is'nt it?  We've all got a common interest in genealogy so are all much on the same wave length..

Saying that............

It's nice to know what members have been up to.   How their day has gone and who's going on holiday and where.   If Graceland had not told us he was going away for the week i,m sure some of us would have been asking where he was.

I think this board is an excellent way for new members to get to know each other and for those who are VERY new to Genealogy and forums too. This board can break the ice and show them we're not all fuddy duddies who spend all our time with our noses in parish records, Census returns or Burial indexes............er! then again...........

Please dont think this is a critisim.....it's not...it's just my personal view. :)
---------------------------------------                    <br />                    (  @ @  )<br />-----------oOOo-(_)-oOOo---------<br /><br />       Any one seen any BAXENDALES?<br /><br />--------oooO---------------Oooo-------<br />           (    )                    (    )<br />            \\\\  (                      )  /<br />             \\\\_)                    (_/<br /><br />Brighouse:  Smith<br />Lambeth: Clisby<br />Leeds: Baxendale,Baxter, Beales,Bowe

Offline Darcy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Searching for little needles in big haystacks
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 14 October 04 01:33 BST (UK) »
Hey, who woke me up!!??? ;D

I have to say that I love The Lighter Side too. It has enabled us to get to know one another so well and become friends. At times, I have cried laughing at some of the posts.

Sometimes, when things aren't going too well, it's such a relief to have a giggle with friends on RootsChat - it keeps me sane!

I loved seeing the photos of your pets and I love Stanley Gorden Mouser -  coz I got two cats..... ( LoL , it became Thingy cats! )

Now, about the Chatroom - I'm a bit of an insomniac so just let me know when you want me to show up. ;D

Darcy
Fisher, Pitts, Lucas, Emmit, Keal, Bennett, Maddock, Jackson, Pidd, Lincolnshire <br />Bullock, Read, White, Gloucestershire.<br />Shepherd, Foyle, Crowter, Green, Wiltshire<br />Strickland, Fisher, Butterworth, Brown, Northhamptonshire<br />Shepherd, Bullock, Waterhouse, Lancashire
Fisher, Goodwin, Rutland
<br /><br /><br /> Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Boongie Pam

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Pa is Scottish, Ma is Welsh, Nose is Roamin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 16 October 04 22:17 BST (UK) »
Hi Guys,

Sorry to have rained on the parade, so to speak, I didn't mean to.

We all carve out our territory on here, which is what naturally happens on all forums from "Aardvark Fans" to "Zoot Suit United" but at the end of the day there is a small revenue from advertising and an obligation to why the forum was set up.

Please don't take anything said in the way of guidance as authoritarian.  PM-ing is available to all so we can chatter off topic (to multiple people)  and the chatroom all together at a given time, which I know is hard.

All the best,
Pam
 ;D
UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
~~~~~~~~~~~

Dumfrieshire: Fallen, Fallon, Carruthers, Scott, Farish, Aitchison, Green, Ryecroft, Thomson, Stewart
Midlothian: Linn/d, Aitken, Martin
North Wales: Robins(on), Hughes, Parry, Jones
Cumberland: Lowther, Young, Steward, Miller
Somerset: Palmer, Cork, Greedy, Clothier

Online intermittently!

Offline trystan

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 18 October 04 09:46 BST (UK) »
Just so that you know -we've now created a "Totally Off Topic" (called the EVEN LIGHTER Lighter Side) board, so for those of you who are having no luck in getting into the chat room, then you now have a place to go!
Send RootsChat a postcard:
RootsChat.com, Europa House, Barcroft Street, Bury, Lancashire, BL9 5BT
Admin Tip: Forgotten your Username or Password and would like to reply to one of these messages?  CLICK HERE to get a reminder.
AOL Users: You may need to 'cut and paste' any links you get in emails for them to work.