Author Topic: Thomas Bacon 1797, Guildford  (Read 4221 times)

Offline teddybear1843

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Thomas Bacon 1797, Guildford
« on: Wednesday 12 April 06 16:09 BST (UK) »
Hi all.

I have an ancestor who turned up in Norfolk and in every census he told different stories!!!

In one he was born in Norfolk, in another he was born in Ireland and yet another he was born in Guildford.  There was a Thomas Bacon baptised in Stoke by Guildford in 1797 which would fit but I wonder if he was still in Surrey in 1851?

Has anyone got this Thomas Bacon in their tree?  Or has anyone got access to the Surrey Wills to see if his parents mention him (Thomas & Frances Bacon).

I would be really grateful to confirm that this is just a coincidence and "my" Thomas was just an awkward so and so who didn't like being asked jolly silly questions, but why choose Guildford?

Thanks

Teddy
Bear, Burrows, Burroughs, Goll, Mayes, Yull, Bacon, Harvey, Fenn, Youngman, Jary, Lake, Chesney, Yaxley, Freestone, Briggs, Carrington, Frarey, Blaxter, Bennefer, Gosman, Howard, Wildman, Woodbine, Jessop, Taylor, Walpole, etc etc  all in Norfolk.
Weasenham village history and families connected to the villages of Weasenham All Saints & Saint Peter in Norfolk.  Happy to carry out research in Norfolk.  Please PM for details.