Author Topic: looking for info on a kelly family please  (Read 1497 times)

Offline kathie

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
looking for info on a kelly family please
« on: Thursday 13 April 06 22:23 BST (UK) »
sorry that it is a long one but i really do need help ,my grandparents were john kelly born 1889 dod 1966 he married bridget (nina) mcgrath born 1902 dod 1981 they lived at 27 patrick st -8a basin lane and bulfin gardens inchicore dublin their children were micheal,(jerry my father )brenden, john paddy,lilly,maureen,phyliss,carmel,bernie and nan . my granddad so i have been told owned a few houses in basin lane that he rented out  and his sister owned a butchers called kelly butchers on francis street , and she lived on the south circuler road around 1940-1960  any help or info would be great im not getting anywhere thank you kind regards kathie 

Offline Christopher

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • 1939 - 2009
    • View Profile
Re: looking for info on a kelly family please
« Reply #1 on: Monday 02 July 07 17:01 BST (UK) »
Hiya Kathie,

I'm surprised that you've not received any replies as you've posted a lot of information. Did John and Bridget marry around 1920 or slightly later?

I presume you are attempting to discover more about your grandparents ... the names of their parents and the names of their siblings. You know that your grand dad had a sister but were there any other siblings? You make no mention of what he did for a living so I'm wondering whether he bought the Basin Lane properties or whether he inherited them.

I can't find Basin Lane but Bulfin Gardens runs parallel to Bulfin Road at Kilmainham. It's between Emmet Road and Bulfin Road.

Christopher

Offline Taidquest

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Quo Fata Vocant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 02 July 07 17:48 BST (UK) »
hi christopher,see link below for one of the many posts for same family.
                                                                               regards.anne

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,139128.msg627415.html#msg627415
<br />UK Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchive

Offline Christopher

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • 1939 - 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 02 July 07 19:37 BST (UK) »
Thanks Anne,

Kathie's message here mentioned nothing about her grand dad being in the army. It's not easy to follow the thread when you get bits and pieces of information all over the place. I think he must have inherited the houses in Basin Lane as a soldier's wage wouldn't have paid for too many particularly as he and Bridget had a large family to rear.

Chris.

KELLY - Royal Iniskillin Fusiliers
looking for a royal inniskilling fusilier
A Directory of Dublin Surnames/Trades 1738
i really need help i need info on royal inniskilling fusilier,private, john kelly