Author Topic: The Wives of MONEYPENNY'S: WILLIAMS, BARBER, PAPPIN, WOOLLEY, CHAPERLIN  (Read 5294 times)

Offline annizoe

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Looking for fellow relatives of these people.  My ggrandfather is William Moneypenny from Cornwall b 1871 who married Ellen Woolley 1871/72.  Ellen was orphaned at 3 and taken in by Ellen Rush of Paddington then they came to NJ USA.  William's father is also William b 1850 in Kensington.  His wife was Martha Johnson Chaperlin b 1851 and her parents are Martha and James (1820's).   The tree continues up...

Ann Pappin  ----m---Sept 1844 Kensington--   Samuel Moneypenny   
b. 1811 St Austell Cornwall                             b. Jan 20, 1819 Falmouth
Sarah Francis      --m--                                    Samuel Moneypenny
b. 1798      Oct 9, 1815     b.Mar 11, 1793

Moneypenny, Woolley, Chaperlin, Pappin, Price, Williams, Ford, Francis, Hiltz, Doyle, Donahue, Kelly, Leo, Ciancio, Miller, Wood

Offline annizoe

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: the wives of Moneypenny's: Williams, Barber, Pappin, WOOLLEY, Chaperlin
« Reply #1 on: Friday 14 April 06 16:49 BST (UK) »
The previous message posted prematurely sorry all...

WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM ANY RELATIVES…
Looking for fellow relatives of these people.  My ggrandfather is William Moneypenny from Cornwall b 1871 who married Ellen Woolley 1871/72.  Ellen was orphaned at 3 and taken in by Ellen Rush of Paddington then they came to NJ USA.  William's father is also William b 1850 in Kensington.  His wife was Martha Johnson Chaperlin b 1851 and her parents are Martha and James (1820's).   The tree continues up...

Ann Pappin  ----m---Sept 1844 Kensington--   Samuel Moneypenny   
b. 1811 St Austell Cornwall                             b. Jan 20, 1819 Falmouth
Sarah Francis      --m--                                    Samuel Moneypenny
b. 1798      Oct 9, 1815     b.Mar 11, 1793
Bridget Barber            --m--     Samuel Moneypenny      
b.      Jan 26, 1787    b.Jul 21, 1763 Falmouth Eng   

Elizabeth Williams    --m--     Samuel Moneypenny (only child)
      Dec 4, 1762     b. Mar 5, 1740/41

Phillis Williams   -m-   John Moneypenny
         Mar. 13, 1738/39
Moneypenny, Woolley, Chaperlin, Pappin, Price, Williams, Ford, Francis, Hiltz, Doyle, Donahue, Kelly, Leo, Ciancio, Miller, Wood

Offline higgles

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 24 August 08 13:41 BST (UK) »
Hello, Samuel Francis Moneypenny is my 3rd great grandfather. I would be really interested in any information you may have about the moneypennys esp. their passage to USA.

Offline krisesjoint

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Its my Party - I can eat cake
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 24 August 08 14:13 BST (UK) »
Hi Higgles,

A big welcome to RootsChat  ;D

How lovely you have found a connection. Hopefully annizoe will be able to help further. Not sure if this is what you are after

I see Samuel MONEYPENNY arrived in New York 6 May 1835 aboard The Ship St Andrew from London. He is listed as aged 41. Also Samuel aged 16 on board

I also note a record for Samuel MONEYPENNY arriving New York 11 May 1836 from Falmouth aboard the Royal Adelaide. He was aged 42

I see in 1851 Dad Samuel b 1794 is visiting his son Samuel b 1819 in Middlesex while grandson Samuel Francis b 1845 is visiting his grandmother Sarah in Falmouth

Cheers Kris  :D
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline annizoe

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 24 August 08 15:30 BST (UK) »
I can send you what I have regarding my Moneypenny tree, although my leaps and bounds were busting through my g-grandmother's brick wall.  The family story was that she was orphaned early.  Which I found to be true because she was living with an Aunt Ellen Rush when she came to the USA.  A relative, who is in her 70's-80's sent me a copy of William Moneypenny and Ellen Woolley's marriage cert from Mass, and with the names of her true parents I was able to link her to her guardian and was able to find her birth info on freeBMD...so wonderful!

Now as for the older generations, I have everything in a Word.doc which I would be glad to send you.  Much of what I had found was through the lovely people of this site.  I don't know of any of the Samuel's coming to the USA but know for a fact my g-grandfather William did come over in the late 1800's, married Ellen Woolley in Mass, then settled in NJ, where they mostly lived until my generation.  I have many cousins on the Moneypenny side, only a few still retaining the surname (our family has been blessed with many girls).  I have also made contact with a Simon Miles who is related to my tree on another branch...the chaperlins.  But if you are related to me through Samuel Moneypenny and not William Moneypenny (his son) then there is no connection to you.

There have been some family tree matches on GenesReunited.com but other than Simon, i haven't had much success with reply's.  It is also a site that charges a fee, and I don't participate. 

I'm assuming that when you mention your 3-grgrandfather Sam Moneypenny, it's the one who was born 1819 in Falmouth?  (there are several generations of Samuel's).  His children were William (my 2xggrandfather, John and Elizabeth......are you related through one of them or is there another sibling that I don't know about?

I also have a copy of Ann Pappin-Sam Moneypenny's Marriage certified Copy from the GRO thru freeBMD.  I'd be happy to share that too! 

Andrea

Offline osprey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: The Wives of MONEYPENNY'S: WILLIAMS, BARBER, PAPPIN, WOOLLEY, CHAPERLIN
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 26 July 11 18:42 BST (UK) »
another relative wanting to make contact

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=546161.new#new
Cornwall: Allen, Bevan, Bosisto, Carnpezzack, Donithorn, Huddy, James, Retallack, Russell, Vincent, Yeoman
Cards: Thomas (Llanbadarn Fawr)
Glam: Bowler, Cram, Galloway, James, Thomas, Watkins
Lincs: Coupland, Cram
Mon: Cram, Gwyn, John, Philpot, Smart, Watkins
Pembs: Edwards (St. Dogmael's)
Yorks: Airey, Bowler, Elliott, Hare, Hewitt, Kellett, Kemp, Stephenson, Tebb

Offline jonwicken

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: The Wives of MONEYPENNY'S: WILLIAMS, BARBER, PAPPIN, WOOLLEY, CHAPERLIN
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 28 March 19 00:01 GMT (UK) »
Hi has anyone please had any further success with the Moneypenny family of Falmouth?

My ancestors were John Moneypenny and Phillis Williams who married in Falmouth in 1739/40. The marriage states he was a mariner.

I can't find anything about their origins or John's death, but have found Phillis died in Falmouth in 1745 but for unknown reasons was buried in Manaccan.

See here www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=810648.msg6705995#msg6705995

I would love to find out more about them and their ancestry if anyone has found anything.

Thanks,
Jon