Author Topic: William Ford - Coldstream Guards, army record  (Read 8608 times)

Offline Half Pint

• RootsChat Veteran
  • my wonderful mum and dad here in Leicester
    • View Profile
Re: William Ford - Coldstream Guards, army record
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 23 April 06 17:34 BST (UK) »
Hi Rosemary

I'm back......

I had a really fantastic week down in Cromer where we have a static caravan.  If you need anything down there just let me know and I will help as much as I can.

I am really glad that you enjoyed my email.  They are open on Saturdays from 10.00am-4.00pm from April-October including Bank Holidays, according to their website, so you won't have to wait if you don't want to.

My Rooney's seem to be made up of Margaret, Eleanor, John and James with the odd Joshua thrown in.

Hopefully talk to you soon

Take care

Half Pint
Beds: Chapman, Norris, Nicholls
Cul:  Bone, Casson, Cuppage, Ellwood, Harrington, Harrison, Huddleston, Mawson, McAvoy, Rooney, Sherwen, Singleton, Stephenson, Taylor, Tunstall, Tyson, Wedgwood, Whitehead, Woodall
Herts:  Chapman, Merridan, Seymour
Ire:  Macken, McAvoy, Rooney
Lancs:  Casson, Dixon, Huddleston, Hunter, Muschamp, Skirrow Stephenson, Tyson
Staffs:  Burslem, Tunstall, Wedgwood
Yorks:  Harrison, Lund, Roberts, Swire

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives

Offline Luckyjo

• RootsChat Extra
  • A Brummie living in Queensland Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 03 July 09 11:37 BST (UK) »
Hi Rosemary, My great grandfather was Thomas Ford b1856 from Staffordshire. He had so many women and so many kids it would be interesting to learn more about your Thomas Ford? Regarding the Army records I have no idea where he served.
regards Joy
Staffs & Warwickshire Ames/Amos/Amis. Gazey Orme Ford. Middlesex Moat Worcester/Gloucester Troughton Fletcher Mayo Osborne Reeves craft

Offline Subaru

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Whitehaven harbour
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 04 July 09 09:03 BST (UK) »
Hi Joy

Things have changed since I posted this thread.  I did find the right Thomas Ford, where he was born, his family, pretty much all I needed to know and more. 

He was born in Warwickshire in 1875, had been married with three children, served in WW1, left his family, met my grandmother (who he didn't marry), then had my mam and uncle.

It must be something to do with the name "Ford" :)

Rosemary