Author Topic: Prisoner Of War, Rifle Brigade  (Read 11610 times)

Offline Andy Pay

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Prisoner Of War, Rifle Brigade
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 16 April 06 16:24 BST (UK) »
Just checking that through at the moment, as soon as you came up with Traxon I checked that out with other RB men.

Andy
The Rifle Brigade in WW1, particularly the 8th Battalion.

Offline Andy Pay

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 16 April 06 16:28 BST (UK) »
The number sequence could match, will have to check as the numbers 40432 to 58074 were either Territorials attached to the Rifle Brigade, transfers from other units and the Training Reserve.
Will do some digging.
Thanks, it is all much appreciated.

Andy

Offline manmack

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 16 April 06 16:35 BST (UK) »
andy,i told you cas or one of the gang would crack it,he looks a likely candidate,mack
military history,mainly ww1,manchester pals battalions,tyneside irish +tyneside scottish brigades,leeds,liverpool,accrington,birmingham,hull,barnsley,swansea and salford pals.

Offline Andy Pay

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 16 April 06 16:42 BST (UK) »
Mack,
You were absolutely right, I am now dancing around my computer as this one was giving me a headache. It will also teach me to brush up on the Census, just never been able to deal with it.
Looks like a sound candidate but will check through the papers, so thank you thank you.

Andy

Offline manmack

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sunday 16 April 06 16:43 BST (UK) »
 ;D ; ;D looks like we all headed for the same place when cas came up with traxon.mack
military history,mainly ww1,manchester pals battalions,tyneside irish +tyneside scottish brigades,leeds,liverpool,accrington,birmingham,hull,barnsley,swansea and salford pals.

Offline manmack

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Sunday 16 April 06 16:45 BST (UK) »
andy,the census is my downfall as well,cant seem to get the hang of it,thats why i came on here originally,cant seem to get off now,mack

Offline manmack

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Sunday 16 April 06 16:50 BST (UK) »
andy,did you get those bits of info that i posted on the ww1 photo thread,mack

Offline Andy Pay

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Sunday 16 April 06 16:53 BST (UK) »
Mack,
Yes I did thanks, also had a gentleman contact me through you with a bit of info on his relation in the RB's, now helping him with details of the Battalions exploits (3rd).
Did you get my PM re Lawson, just wondered if you had Sidney Sussex College Roll or Haileybury College.

Andy

Offline manmack

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Sunday 16 April 06 17:08 BST (UK) »
here ya go andy,Lt r h lawson,rifle brigade,MC,MID,wounded,KIA on the somme 24-8-1916,he went to sidney sussex college in 1912,i dont have the other colleges roll,but i do have cambridges,i will post any RB i find in the papers on the same thread as the others,they keep turning up in the newspaper pages that i have,mack
ps i will check the inns of court for LT lawson