Author Topic: Prisoner Of War, Rifle Brigade  (Read 11614 times)

Offline manmack

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Prisoner Of War, Rifle Brigade
« Reply #27 on: Sunday 16 April 06 17:15 BST (UK) »
andy,i forgot to mention,i have the sandhurst roll of honour,theres 70 RB officers in it,it only gives name,rank and decorations and year of death,do you want the names,mack
military history,mainly ww1,manchester pals battalions,tyneside irish +tyneside scottish brigades,leeds,liverpool,accrington,birmingham,hull,barnsley,swansea and salford pals.

Offline Andy Pay

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Sunday 16 April 06 17:20 BST (UK) »
Mack,
Would love them, Lawson is not in the Inns of Court. He came from Chiselhurst, I have his Officers Papers but I am looking for a decent photograph of him.
He was wounded at Hooge in the First attack by the Germans using Flamethrowers on British Forces and was wounded approximately 10 yards away from where Sydney Woodroffe was killed after winning the first V.C. of the New Army. One of the reasons for my recent visit to Ypres, to walk over the Battlefield.

Andy
The Rifle Brigade in WW1, particularly the 8th Battalion.

Offline Andy Pay

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Sunday 16 April 06 17:44 BST (UK) »
Mack,
Reason for asking is

Offline Andy Pay

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Sunday 16 April 06 17:44 BST (UK) »
And

Offline Andy Pay

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Sunday 16 April 06 17:45 BST (UK) »
And

Offline Andy Pay

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Sunday 16 April 06 17:51 BST (UK) »
Rear of M.C.
One of my most cherished groups.

Offline manmack

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Monday 17 April 06 06:32 BST (UK) »
absolutely fantastic,andy can you pm me your e,mail,i will send a scan of the RB officers list from sandhurst,it may save me a lot of typing if you can read it,mack
ps,i will check the de ruvigny rolls of honour for your man,mack
military history,mainly ww1,manchester pals battalions,tyneside irish +tyneside scottish brigades,leeds,liverpool,accrington,birmingham,hull,barnsley,swansea and salford pals.

Offline manmack

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Monday 17 April 06 06:57 BST (UK) »
andy,theres an entry for him but no picture.
Lt reginald hugh lawson MC,7th service batt rifle brigade,eldest son of hugh lawson,brother of 2/Lt c d n lawson,born 1893,educated amesbury school bickley,haileybury college[gaining an entrance and also a under 16 scholarship and a leaving exhibition,] sidney sussex college cambridge[entrance scholarship 1912] applied for a commission when war broke out and joined the OTC at royston,gazetted 2/Lt 2-9-1914 in 7th RB,completed his training at aldershot,went to france with his batt 19th may 1915,wounded on 30-7-1915 and returned to england in august,attatched to res batt RB for light duties nov 1915,promoted Lt 9-1-1916,rejoined his old batt at the front on 5th june 1916,was killed by shellfire while out working with a digging party in front of the lines in the early morning of 24th july 1916 near mametz wood,he was MID by FM sir john french[LG 1-1-1916]awarded MC [LG 14-1-1916]for services on 30-7-1915.
his MC was gazetted on my birthday
mack
forgot a bit,his father resided at camden rise,chislehurst

Offline manmack

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Monday 17 April 06 06:59 BST (UK) »
andy theres an entry for his brother as well,mack