Author Topic: 1841 hertfordshire Ware /great amwell name Lambert  (Read 6412 times)

Offline Keith Bateman

• I am sorry but my emails are not working
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • .....The Cheshire Cat
    • View Profile
Re: 1841 hertfordshire Ware /great amwell name Lambert
« Reply #9 on: Monday 15 November 04 21:17 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sandie,

Not sure if you want any but I have the M.I. list for Great Amwell cemetery - this include 3 separate ones for Lamberts - all late 1700's - early 1800's.
Think we might have been in touch before - have you got a Lambert marrying a Bateman in 1795 ??

Cheers for now
Keith
Bateman - Ware, Herts, London.<br />Partington - Liverpool - Devon - Manchester<br />Foster - Liverpool - Manchester - Scotland<br />Gates - Cumberland - Liverpool - Manchester - Australia<br />Westwood - Ware, Herts<br /><br /><br />"Any information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"

Has Bouncing Emails

Offline sandiep

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 15 November 04 22:25 GMT (UK) »
Hi Keith,

thought you had forgotton me!! :'(
last time we spoke you were haveing trouble with new computor ::)
yes I would love listing please.
my email is still same by the way ;D

sandie
Pender, Raphael,Lambert,Digby,Stent,
Dowell,cornish,mulley,Death,Rosier,
East End,Suffolk,Essex,Cornwall,Devon,London,  middlesex, hertfordshire                                      Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline carole1947

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 28 November 15 17:56 GMT (UK) »
I have read your posts about the Lamberts of Ware. Sarah Ann Lambert was my great great Grandmother. She ran the Barge Inn in Ware with her husband Charles Isaacs and later with her second husband whose surname was Hills. I believe you have a family tree for the Lamberts and if it is possible for you to let me see this it would be very helpful. From family stories when growing up I always understood that either the Lamberts or the Isaacs were of Jewish descent. Could you tell me if you have any knowledge of a Jewish background on either side please. The Isaacs seem the most likely in view of the name but I have traced back to William Isaacs who was born about 1795 in the Standon/Thunderidge area and I believe his Father was John but I now seem to have hit a brick wall. I would really appreciate any help you can give.  Many thanks.

Offline sandiep

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 28 November 15 20:59 GMT (UK) »
Hi Carole
I would show you my tree but your Sarah Ann Lambert is not in my tree
there are a couple of trees on Ancestry with her in I will PM you details
As my Lamberts all started out in Ware and Great Amwell and you always come across others
there may be a distant connection as I think Sarahs father Henry may be descended from a Thomas Lambert b 1745 ware who is a brother of one of our descendants!! clear as mud eh!

as I am not sure what you already have hope the following might help I can give you census info if you don't have it

Sarah Ann Lambert born 1829 baptised St Andrews Ware   21st June 1829 parents Henry & Sarah Lambert.
22nd Aug 1852 in Hertford she married Charles Isaacs parents William & Elizabeth Isaacs
Charles Isaacs  was a bricklayer born in Standon  baptised 13th November 1831 died in 1865.
Sarah then married a John Hills  only marriage I can find for this is in 1866 in West Ham Essex
Sarah I believe died 1st January 1907 in Ware and left £252 which was proved in London and administered by David Charles Isaacs her son who was also a bricklayer.
Her 2nd husband John Hills was a Maltster possible birth in 1822 Royston parents James & Elizabeth Hills and father is a brewer
William Isaacs was born c1794 he was  baptised 7th Dec 1794 parents John & Elizabeth Isaacs .
I have no knowledge of them being Jewish at all and certainly no Lamberts that I know of were.
Sandie
Pender, Raphael,Lambert,Digby,Stent,
Dowell,cornish,mulley,Death,Rosier,
East End,Suffolk,Essex,Cornwall,Devon,London,  middlesex, hertfordshire                                      Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk