Author Topic: Patrick Byrne From NAAS/Dublin  (Read 4438 times)

Offline PaulB28

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Patrick Byrne From NAAS/Dublin
« on: Tuesday 03 February 04 13:30 GMT (UK) »
I wonder if any information on the following family?

I now know that he was born in Naas County Kildare round about 1874 he married Isabella Carrick on the 7th of June 1903 in St Laurence O'Toole in Dublin at that time he lived at 10 Church Street, his daughter Ellen was born on the 29th of June 1904, his wife Isabella died giving birth to Ellen. Patrick remarried a widow called Mary Moran (I suspect is her married name) in 1908, on the 1911 cenus they stayed at 13 Church street North Dock Dublin. I also know that his father name was Edward Byrne, Patrick died on the 9th of August 1915 in Gallipoli Turkey.

Anyone has anyinformation on this family it will great to hear from you.

Thanks in advance.
researching Byrnes (Armagh) Byrne (Dublin) Carrick (Dublin) Bellew (Armagh) Garvey Armagh) Meldrum, Davidson, Mortimer, Dow, Bain (all Aberdeenshire) Robello (italy & Aberdeen) plus more

Offline Shirley Sweetland

• RootsChat Senior
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Re:Patrick Byrne From NAAS/Dublin
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 18 May 04 09:48 BST (UK) »
Hi Paul have you seen the record of Patrick's death on the Commonwealth War Graves commission website?

Go to www.cwgc.org/ and fill in the deatils on the right of the scene.

Regards
Shirley

Sweetland-Sth London/Wilts
Dalton- Battersea/Mitcham/Merton/City of London
Godwin- Wilts
Murison- Scotland/USA/Quebec
Skinner/Latter/Moon - Tonbridge & Wadhurst
Banks - Merton, Surrey

Offline PaulB28

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re:Patrick Byrne From NAAS/Dublin
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 19 May 04 13:39 BST (UK) »
Thanks Shirley for the reply.

Yes i have seen his death on the war graves site, I have also now been able to get a copy of Medal record from http://www.documentsonline.pro.gov.uk/

Thanks for your Help

Paul
researching Byrnes (Armagh) Byrne (Dublin) Carrick (Dublin) Bellew (Armagh) Garvey Armagh) Meldrum, Davidson, Mortimer, Dow, Bain (all Aberdeenshire) Robello (italy & Aberdeen) plus more

Offline chindthe

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Patrick Byrne From NAAS/Dublin
« Reply #3 on: Monday 08 November 04 15:53 GMT (UK) »
Greetings,

I have some Byrne relatives from the North Wall area of Dublin.  It may be the same family.   Were there any more children?  A Patrick Byre born about 1925 married a Synnott cousin.

If Vinny Byrne is in the family, probably they may not be related.

chindthe

Offline PaulB28

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 08 November 04 19:39 GMT (UK) »
Hi Chindthe

I don't that much information on the Byrne Family.   My G Grandfather Patrick Byrne was Born in Naas County Kildare round about 1872, his Father's Name was Edward Byrne I know he lived at 10 church Street in Dublin in 1903 when he married Isabella Carrick at St Laurence O'Toole Church Seville Place Dublin.  One of the Witnesses at the Wedding was a Margaret Byrne.   In 1904 His daughter Ellen Was Born at Rotunda Hospital Dublin at this time they lived at 7 Church Street North Wall.   His Wife Isabella Died in 1906 in Dublin. He Married a Widow called Mary Moran and lived at 13 Church Street.   He Joined the 6th Battilion of Royal Dublin Fusiliers and died of his wounds at Gallipoli aged 43.

If u require any other info just let me know.

Paul

Offline kated

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Woman on the ground
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 09 November 04 23:51 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

Have you chcked for his birth on the birth indexes at the GRO in Dublin or on film at your local family history centre?

Kate
Census transcriptions Crown Copyright, www.NationalArchives.gov.uk

Prior,Blyth,Ellis:Halstead, Ramsey Essex
Blyth,Faeres,Smith:Suffolk
Ballard, Driscoll, Costen,Miller:Kent
Driscoll, Ragan: Cork
Miller: Hardwick
Hardy: Burton, Derby, Ruddington

Offline Rustie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 13 November 05 14:05 GMT (UK) »
I have prayer cards for Elizabeth Byrne 8 Lower Jane Place Dublin died 21 February 1954 and Myles Byrne same address died 1928.  Mean anything if so I will scan and send.
Moore, Loughrey, Mullins, Dare, Seward, Pitman, Bromfield. Ciss, Rutkovskis, Newell, Draper, Stapelton, Greene.

Offline PaulB28

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 22 December 05 12:53 GMT (UK) »
Hi Rustie

Sorry for taking so long to get back

Unfortunately the long byrne family I have are my Grandmother Ellen Byrne Born in Dublin 1904 her Father Patrick Byrne Born in Naas Kildare in 1874 and his father Edward unfortunately I don't have any other information on the Byrne family.

Regards

Paul

Offline Rustie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 22 December 05 17:00 GMT (UK) »
Hi Paul
I have just reread your original message.  Myles and Elizabeth Byrne were friends of my grand parents Thomas and  Annie Moore who lived at 88 Church Road, Dublin.  This must be more than just a coincidence?  There must be some connection with your Byrne.
Rustie
Moore, Loughrey, Mullins, Dare, Seward, Pitman, Bromfield. Ciss, Rutkovskis, Newell, Draper, Stapelton, Greene.