Author Topic: Grandmother  (Read 2696 times)

Offline the happy granny

• RootsChat Senior
  • Brain addled?..........mine too!
    • View Profile
Re: Grandmother
« Reply #9 on: Friday 15 October 04 23:57 BST (UK) »
Yes they may have been,but I am not sure where I can access births abroad.I would have thought they would have had a record at the GRO and I have looked at births abroad on 1837 online.It's funny because Richard and Cornelia, Henry's parents, are missing from the 1881 census too along with Henry, but if he was stationed abroad or on a ship would they appear?I think there has been a cover up somewhere..she must be in someones family tree.or she was adopted in which case we may never know!!
Gourlay,Peat,Porter,Smith,Kirk, from Ceres,Cupar,Kennoway,Fife<br />Coley,from Barcombe,Sussex<br />Cozens from Kingston Russel,Symonds from Symondsbury,Dorset<br />Catchpole,from Norfolk,London (Fulham)<br />Lock/e,from Somerset and London (Pimlico) Everett from Portsmouth and Alvechurch,Worcester<br />Carr/Wandes....Hampshire<br />Spicer,Fry,Fosher,Coulter,Burridge,Brewster,Hancock, Lotter from Kent and London Borders<br />Holloway from Sussex

Offline BenB

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Grandmother & Navy
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 16 October 04 09:41 BST (UK) »
Hi
If they live in Portsmouth & Henry was in the Navy the National Archive at Kew maybe worth a visit or two.
 From these pages I was prompted to obtain a book 'Tracing your Ancestors in the Public Record Office' by Amanda Bevan which I purchased at Kew recently.
Chapter 19 19.1 through to 20.9 contains all things Naval.
Available are such things as Muster Books, Pay Books, Ratings certificates, Service Records, Pensions, Reserve lists, etc etc. certainly a trip to Kew maybe of benefit I wish you luck
BenB
Plodding On
Researching Family names of BENNETT, CHRISMAS, STACEY, & WOOLLAMS.

Offline the happy granny

• RootsChat Senior
  • Brain addled?..........mine too!
    • View Profile
Re: Grandmother
« Reply #11 on: Monday 18 October 04 00:13 BST (UK) »
thanks BenB....I will take up your advice...greatly appreciated...I need all the luck I can get!!
 :)
Gourlay,Peat,Porter,Smith,Kirk, from Ceres,Cupar,Kennoway,Fife<br />Coley,from Barcombe,Sussex<br />Cozens from Kingston Russel,Symonds from Symondsbury,Dorset<br />Catchpole,from Norfolk,London (Fulham)<br />Lock/e,from Somerset and London (Pimlico) Everett from Portsmouth and Alvechurch,Worcester<br />Carr/Wandes....Hampshire<br />Spicer,Fry,Fosher,Coulter,Burridge,Brewster,Hancock, Lotter from Kent and London Borders<br />Holloway from Sussex