Author Topic: George Robert Stephenson  (Read 34050 times)

Offline Kellsway

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: George Robert Stephenson
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday 11 July 12 10:18 BST (UK) »
Hi Chris

Dont know if this is of any help, and I haven't done any research into the maternal side of my family yet.

But my Great grandmother Florence Cowell nee Smith born 1895 her Father was John Smith always claimed that her family was related to George Stephenson's family. 

The family hailed from Heworth Co. Durham now Heworth/Felling Gateshead.
The Smith family were ferrymen (rowed passengers from Felling shore across the Tyne to St Anthony's) and then were employed on the Railway when it began in the area.

Of course I have no proof of any family relationship to the Stephenson's and it may just be a family myth due to the families connection with the railways.

Regards

Mike

Offline truth in history

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: George Robert Stephenson
« Reply #28 on: Friday 04 May 18 00:58 BST (UK) »
Roper, Hi Again, I cracked your book again for another read, Some Where around page 12 you said that Stephen Liddell dies and is buried on his father over there. I think not, I show him over here in franklin County Georgia in around 1847 buying land like a drunk on shore leave. It's a good throw off, Who buries a person entitled to money better then a story like that. However I am sure he got his part.  Also the Nixon sister to PA, Never Happened, They as well settled in and Around Abbeville South Carolina, I wish the non sense and off tracking would stop. I ask again, release the DNA from young Robert stephenson hair in the UK for testing and settle it. I am sure yu have the power to get it. Was a great line in your book on the liddell kid died, did not happen,Regards David Stephenson Georgia USA