Author Topic: Pegg Family, Notts and Derby  (Read 29640 times)

Offline miss piggy

• I am sorry but my email address is not working
  • RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Pegg Family, Notts and Derby
« Reply #9 on: Friday 07 July 06 23:11 BST (UK) »
 i went to school with a jean pegg in nottingham they lived on britemoor st off hockley  there was three children mother and grand father  grandmother  that was in 1959 1960  think they moved to sneinton dale nottingham in the 70s   wish u look in your search   chris p

Offline peggasus

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 07 August 06 18:30 BST (UK) »
Hi all,

I've got Pegg/Pegge records going back to 1327, mostly around Loughboruogh up to 1508 then most clear records come from the branch at Shirley near Ashbourne. The family crypt is there. That family is the root of the Pegges of Beauchief Abbey and the Catherine Pegge who had two children by Charles II.

There are other lines which stayed in the Leicester/Nottingham/Derby area, and one group in North Norfolk back to the 1500's. I recently found one solitary John Pegg in Burgh, Cumberland in 1336. I have the hearth tax and muster roll records of the Pegges in Derbyshire in the 1600's.

I have also located 2 Pegges in Lincolnshire which is assumed to be the origin of Daniel Pegge the Quaker who established the principal US branch in Philadelphia 1680-ish.

Most active notice board is the genforum board feel free to contact me via this board,

Offline dabs0

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 10 October 06 21:13 BST (UK) »
There are the Leceister line of Peggs in my partners tree and some of them moved to Burton on Trent, one of them Samuel Pegg owned Waterside Farm in Burton.

Debbie
Wright and Lock, Warwickshire
Lenton, Warwickshire
Bloor, Staffordshire
Cresswell, Derbyshire
Bosworth, Derbyshire
Robinson and Bodfish, Warwickshire
Tharme/Thrume Farme Staffordshire
Pegg, Leicestershire

Offline Yeldersley

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 08 March 11 20:41 GMT (UK) »
Hi I am new to this website and want to reply to Peggasus - but note that his message was put on the forum in 2006.

My maiden name was Pegge my grandfather and great grandfather lived in Ashbourne, Derbyshire. They owned Hollies Farm. My father has a coat of arms with the Pegge emblem on it and my uncle has a copy of our family tree going back to Catherine Pegge, who was a mistress of Charles II and had 2 children by him and also 2 by her subsequent husband. Catherine lived at Yeldersley hall which is now a hotel and both my parents and uncle and aunt have been there and introduced themselves to the owners.  I have an aunt who lives in Clifton in Derbyshire and there are Almshouses there with the Pegge coat of arms on!. My grandfather's name was George and he had a brother called Arthur. My great-grandfather's name was Arthur and their parents were Joseph Pegge and Sarah Woodroffe. Would like to hear from anyone who may be a relation.

Offline peggasus

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 08 March 11 20:56 GMT (UK) »
Hi Yeldesley,

I have PM'd you with my real email lots of info to pass on I think.

If any other Pegg's or Pegg researchers pick this up at anytime, place a note here and I will attempt to contact you. I have several trees and some good info to pass around

Offline Mizelar

• RootsChat Extra
  • Hey, Teacher, leave them kids alone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 31 March 11 03:03 BST (UK) »
My stepfather's (William Geoffrey HAMILTON FARNSWORTH - known as Geoffrey) first wife was Daisy Irene (nee WINN), the widow of Horace Richard PEGG (b Shardlow 7b 521 Mar 1901).  They had a daughter Barbara PEGG.  Horace was part of the Long Eaton lace manufacturering family.

My own family are the WALLISes, who manufactured lace and lace machines.

One of my genealogy projects is to see how many of the Long Eaton lace manufacturing families link with the WALLISes - probably most of them, if not all, since social circles were so tight!  ;D

I would welcome any further information on the PEGGS.
UK, Midlands:  WALLIS, GOSSAGE, FARNSWORTH, FITZPATRICK, TURNER,
London:  KITZBERG, STEDMON, GOSSAGE
Sussex: STANDING, TULETT
Cornwall: John TONKIN ROBERTS, Moses ROBERTS
Dunedin, NZ/Stewarton, Ayrshire, SCT:  ROBERTSON, MACKIE,
Canada, Ontario:  GOSSAGE, WALKER, PETERKIN)

USA: Dr Bertrand Rodney WALLIS, Annie Veron ECROYD

Offline peggasus

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 01 April 11 11:10 BST (UK) »
I don't have much on Long Eaton Lace but I have sent a general package about Derbyshire Peggs, hope it is of some help/interest.

Offline Mizelar

• RootsChat Extra
  • Hey, Teacher, leave them kids alone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 01 April 11 13:54 BST (UK) »
Peggasus:

Thank you for sending me the files - I shall really enjoy studying them.  Hopefully, I may find something that directly connects me to the PEGGs.

Best wishes.

Mizelar
UK, Midlands:  WALLIS, GOSSAGE, FARNSWORTH, FITZPATRICK, TURNER,
London:  KITZBERG, STEDMON, GOSSAGE
Sussex: STANDING, TULETT
Cornwall: John TONKIN ROBERTS, Moses ROBERTS
Dunedin, NZ/Stewarton, Ayrshire, SCT:  ROBERTSON, MACKIE,
Canada, Ontario:  GOSSAGE, WALKER, PETERKIN)

USA: Dr Bertrand Rodney WALLIS, Annie Veron ECROYD

Offline mareanna

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 08 May 11 10:08 BST (UK) »
I have a Mary Pegg (abt 1798 - 1870) who married Thomas Langham in Loughborough in 1815.  They were very involved in the Nottingham lace industry, some of the Langhams lived in Calais and must have been part of the lace trade between the two cities, but I don't have any details of the business (but have some census and BMD dates there).  The Langhams were also part of the lace industry in USA and link with my family line of Westons.  One Weston emigrated to Scranton USA and was an engineer to the lace curtain factory there.

I have a photo of the family grave at Holy Trinity, Lenton.  She is buried with her husband, also her son Samuel and grandaughter Mary Jane.

If anyone has any details of Mary Pegg's family, I'd love to hear and swap the info I have. 

mareanna
Weston/Wesson, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire & Leicestershire
Merriman - Stanford on Soar, Canada & Australia
Antill and Wood-Antill, in Mountsorrel, Leicestershire, Caernarfonshire, Canada & New Zealand
Bamford, Northamptonshire & Derbyshire
Baum
Curtis
Richards
Elwin
Locker
Robinson
Langham
Langsdale
Ferguson - Ireland and Devon
Bamford
Newbold