Author Topic: CLOSED...Charlie MARRINER m. Ellen Mavis HOMEWOOD 1948 NZ  (Read 3229 times)

Offline allycat

• RootsChat Veteran
  • The Cantwell Knights of Strongbow 1170
    • View Profile
CLOSED...Charlie MARRINER m. Ellen Mavis HOMEWOOD 1948 NZ
« on: Monday 24 April 06 05:55 BST (UK) »
Dear fellow RootsChatters - looking for any information whatsoever on my spouse's maternal grandfather.  We don't know whether he was a native of New Zealand or he emmigrated there - hence posting on this message board forum.

His name was Charles Maynard MARRINER born 1908 New Zealand died 19/8/1984.  He could even have half Maori ancestry/Pakeha.  Parent's names unknown at this stage.

Factual information - 1931 marriage to (1) Isabell Rosie PETERS in NZ - no other information known about first wife.
1948 marriage to (2) Ellen Mavis HOMEWOOD born 11/12/1911 NZ, died 29 May 1984.  The couple are buried at Huntly Cemetery (THANK YOU ROOTSCHATTERS).   ;D  Her parents' names: John William HOMEWOOD and Martha Emma HILL of NZ.  Issue: 4 children.

N.B. Ellen Mavis HOMEWOOD had previously been married in 1928 to Reginald Edward MILLS son of Llewellyn Joseph MILLS and Daisy Blossom LOWE.  He was a Quarry Proprietor.  Issue: 3 children.

We have HOMEWOOD ancestry at this stage stretching out to 1700s Horne, Surrey AND Brenchley, Kent, England.

All replies answered and any information gratefully received.

Thank you for your assistance, Allycat, Queensland Australia.
Abrams, Amor, Attwood, Bancroft, Bragier, Brennan, Bryant, Buchan, Cantwell, Cruse, Commins, Cullum, Debus, Denner, Dinner, DuCroix, Flanze, Gilkes, Greaves, Guthiel, Hansford, Hayes, Hokaanga, Homewood, Hoy, Inns, Jahn, King, Knee, Marriner, May, McCarron, McCavel, McCrohon, McFarlane, Merry, Milne, Montgomery, Most, Mott, Orth, Parker, Pine, Roads, Rueping, Sear, Siegner, Stanaway, Voss, Weber, Wheeler, Whitehall, Woodcock

Offline spades

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Charlie MARRINER m. Ellen Mavis HOMEWOOD 1948 NZ
« Reply #1 on: Monday 24 April 06 08:36 BST (UK) »
Gidday Allycat,

The best way to discover his parents is to get a copy of his 1931 marriage to Isabell Rosie PETERS from NZ Dept of Internal Affairs.
http://www.bdm.govt.nz/diawebsite.nsf/wpg_URL/Services-Births-Deaths-and-Marriages-Index?OpenDocument

The certificate should provide his age, occupation, place of birth, parents names with mothers maiden name and the occupations of both, and witnesses' names and occupations.

Regards, riley
ELLERKER - Beverley ERY ENG
HEALEY - IRL?
MURDOCH - Wigtownshire SCT, Otago and Westland NZ
PALING - Nottinghamshire ENG
RILEY - Flamborough; Cottingham; South Dalton ERY, Manitoba CAN, & London ENG
STURTON - Arnold, Nottinghamshire ENG
SUTTRON - All, NRY & DUR ENG
TAYLOR - London ENG
TYLER - London ENG
TERNAN/TIERNAN - Dublin IRL

Offline allycat

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 24 April 06 09:02 BST (UK) »
Gidday Allycat,

The best way to discover his parents is to get a copy of his 1931 marriage to Isabell Rosie PETERS from NZ Dept of Internal Affairs.
http://www.bdm.govt.nz/diawebsite.nsf/wpg_URL/Services-Births-Deaths-and-Marriages-Index?OpenDocument

The certificate should provide his age, occupation, place of birth, parents names with mothers maiden name and the occupations of both, and witnesses' names and occupations.

Regards, riley

Hey there Riley, geez you're good.  Didn't know about that website.  Too difficult for me living in the bush to get to the international exchange and get a bank draught done up to purchase marriage cert in Kiwi dough.  Perhaps I'll use the plastic.  Thank you for the suggestion.  Allycat in drop bear country.
Abrams, Amor, Attwood, Bancroft, Bragier, Brennan, Bryant, Buchan, Cantwell, Cruse, Commins, Cullum, Debus, Denner, Dinner, DuCroix, Flanze, Gilkes, Greaves, Guthiel, Hansford, Hayes, Hokaanga, Homewood, Hoy, Inns, Jahn, King, Knee, Marriner, May, McCarron, McCavel, McCrohon, McFarlane, Merry, Milne, Montgomery, Most, Mott, Orth, Parker, Pine, Roads, Rueping, Sear, Siegner, Stanaway, Voss, Weber, Wheeler, Whitehall, Woodcock

Offline spades

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 24 April 06 09:37 BST (UK) »
Hi Allycat,

No worries. I've heard of living 'beyond the black stump' but where the hell is 'drop bear country'? Do you mean 'drop beer' perhaps? No Aussie I've ever met would drop a stubbie unless he accidentallly chain-sawed his own arm off!  ;)

riley

ELLERKER - Beverley ERY ENG
HEALEY - IRL?
MURDOCH - Wigtownshire SCT, Otago and Westland NZ
PALING - Nottinghamshire ENG
RILEY - Flamborough; Cottingham; South Dalton ERY, Manitoba CAN, & London ENG
STURTON - Arnold, Nottinghamshire ENG
SUTTRON - All, NRY & DUR ENG
TAYLOR - London ENG
TYLER - London ENG
TERNAN/TIERNAN - Dublin IRL

Offline allycat

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 24 April 06 10:06 BST (UK) »
Hi Allycat,

No worries. I've heard of living 'beyond the black stump' but where the hell is 'drop bear country'? Do you mean 'drop beer' perhaps? No Aussie I've ever met would drop a stubbie unless he accidentallly chain-sawed his own arm off!  ;)

riley

Hey Riley, sorry ... by drop bear country ... I mean the Koala (Bears) swinging from the treetops.  They're pretty active in my backyard at the moment, and they are bothering my blue heelers (dogs) with all their roaring.

And a young fella dropped his beer just last night, it fell straight through his plastic bag, when I popped into our local 7-11 store to get some milk.  (Beer / Wine / Spirits shop is just next door.)  And the poor shop staff had to clean it all up.  Plus I hate the stuff - it smells like cat pee.  Hehe.  Cheers, Allycat.

Offline Jbsk97

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: CLOSED...Charlie MARRINER m. Ellen Mavis HOMEWOOD 1948 NZ
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 08 November 18 19:07 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

I am wondering if you have more info on Charlie Marriner. He is my great great grandfather and I am trying to follow the Marriner line but can’t find parents of Hori Marriner, his father