Author Topic: Bullivant family search  (Read 30779 times)

Offline goldenbird

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Bullivant family search
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 26 September 07 00:11 BST (UK) »
Hi Jodie 101 and all
Have found the following on the back of an old photo which might be of interest re children of William Muntan Bullivant.

" Aunt Rosa Bullivant, sister of William Pelham Bullivant married Leslie Vigers (later President of the Surveyors Institute and valuer to the first London Underground Railways), a very good aunt indeed and a faithful customer of the Army & Navy Stores for at least 40 years who lived at 5 Eaton Terrace"

another photo has the following
" Lance Vigers, Rosa's son killed on the Western front in 1916......"
Bird - Pinner
Alston - Bedford
Bullivant - London
Thornton - Hull
Pym - Bedford
Byam - West Indies
Mathews - West Indies
Wilberforce - Hull
Pelham - Norfolk & Sussex

Offline Smoosh

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 04 April 08 11:52 BST (UK) »
Hi everyone,

I'm looking for descendants of Thomas Bullivant and Frances Vernon. Married in Derbyshire 1847 (Thomas from Wootton Wawen (sp?)). They ended up in the Acton area of London. I believe they had seven children (Ann, Mary, Catherine, George, Robert, Angela and Theresa), some of whom died quite young. My gg-grandfather is Robert (aka Harry Edward) Bullivant, and I believe his sister Ann married a John Gracie in 1879, and they had at least one son. Unsure of any other marriages in the family. As Robert died young, and his wife remarried and moved to Ireland with my g-grandfather, my family lost any touch with this branch of the family (I believe). Would appreciate any information about them!
 :)
Bullivant, Cann, Cozens, Hixon, Barnes

Offline alisonbcd

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 04 April 08 16:07 BST (UK) »
I have a connection to the Bullivant family, goes back to Isaac Bullivant, born 1824 in Bishophill, York. He married Mary Relph.
Featherstonhaugh; Doran; Murray; Gray

Offline duckweed

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 04 April 08 22:36 BST (UK) »
Not my branch I'm afraid.  I'm told a cafe there called Bullivants are descendants of your family.  There is a Relph Bullivant Butcher and grocer I believe who has records in the national archives.  As far as I can tell most Bullivants in York are related.  My branch is from Lincolnshire around Lincoln.  I think the York Bullivants came from Grimsby area.  This is all off the top of my head as I haven't the records to hand.  There is a branch who were in Beverly and eventually ended up in Sheffield (other surname with that branch is Richardson I think)

Offline kiwigem

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 28 April 08 02:29 BST (UK) »
Mark Relph Bullivant (Game & Poultry) and the Bullivant cafe in York are definitely connected. That's my branch of the family.  I'm interested to know more about Isaac Bullivant please

Offline duckweed

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 28 April 08 11:34 BST (UK) »
The only Isaac I found was born in 1783 and is down in 1841 with a  Mary who is 30 years old.  His occupation is down as Army. There are twol Bullivant children living with the Relph family in 1851 Mark aged 6 and  Mary aged 8 who stay there so it suggests the Parents are ill or dead.  There is an Isaac Bullivant who dies in 1850. I've tried Parish records for Bishophill and can't find any baptismal records.  Have you applied for the marriage certificate as this should give you occupation of Groom and possibly father's name and occupation?  They were married in 1840 in Micklegate York in the first quarter Volume 23 Page 582

Offline sherer

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Monday 25 May 09 21:06 BST (UK) »
Hi I have no genealogical interest in the Bullivants, but am writing a 125th anniversary history of the Club in Beckenham, which was founded in 1884. William Pelham was on the founding committe, and William Munton was president in 1887. I would like to include a short biography regarding the origins of the club in the book. Can anyone help?

Offline Rcs

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday 13 October 09 00:43 BST (UK) »
My great grandfather, James Selby (born 1838) and my grandfather George Selby (born 1870) were both Works Managers at Bullivants - the latter from at least 1901 until his death in 1931. George applied for a number of patents with a Bullivant - I think Pelham, from memory. My great uncle Chris set up a Bullivants works in Vancouver in the 1920's. Both he and George were given shares in the company during the Great War. My great uncle Tom (previously
mate of the Cutty Sark probably managed the Leighton Buzzard satellite site during the Great War. So my family has done its bit for the Bullivants. What happened to them?

Regards

Robin Selby

Offline artdec0

• RootsChat Member
  • Help! Distressed Genealogist. :o)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday 28 October 09 18:07 GMT (UK) »
Hi Duckweed,
I have the following Bullivants in my tree:
Thomas B 1846 Addlethorpe
Lizzie B 1866 ?
Clifford Greet B 1884 Leicester
Peter Harvey B 1928 Nottingham
Betty B 1932 ?
...and some later.
Are they any interest to you?
Regards,
Ron
Aggio Arno Beetles Bezer Bickham Bowdidge Buck Burgoine Convine Coupe Crapper Donno
Duffee Ellison Elmor/e Estall Fabin Forse Fuery
Garstin Gierth Inns Keilich Keyser Krogman/n
Mourgue Ling McNaught Petty Piper Poupart
Rollins Shilling Steers Thoene Walding Warbis
Wildman Wylly