Author Topic: Help with the Jones Mystery.  (Read 1468 times)

Offline down-under

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Help with the Jones Mystery.
« on: Wednesday 26 April 06 11:23 BST (UK) »

I have found a marriage  of James Jones married to Rose Ann Gertrude Pearsall 1902.

My mother Edith born 1918 To James Jones and Rose Rose nee Pearsall
Alice born 1913 to James and Rose nee Pearsall
Violet 1915 to James and Rose nee Pearsall
I remember a James Uncle Jim
Beatrice maybe a Lucy

We only had close contact with Alice Webb nee Jones

The certificate I ordered just in case it was mine says James age 21
Rose Anna Gertrude Pearsall age 19 so she could have had my mother at 37 and more children.

But my feeling is these are not my grandparents.

On the three birth certificates I have mother is Rose Jones formally Pearsall.

Not Rose Anna Gertrude or even Rose A.G.

On other birth certificates of family members the mother has either full names or name and Initial.

So far this is the only marriage I have seen with a James Jones and Rose Pearsall or similar.

If only I had asked Mom and Dad about their relatives while they were alive when Mom married in 1945 James was deceased. I have no idea of when Rose and James died I think Rose around 1968-71

What do members think I have pondered on this problem for a couple of years?

regards Pam

oakley, Leadbeater, Hemming, Jones, Pearsall, Page,------ Aston, Leominster, Balsall Heath, Tewkesbury, Kings Norton, Birmingham.

census information are crown copyright of www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Help with the Jones Mystery.
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 26 April 06 11:28 BST (UK) »
Hi Pam

What part of the world did these BMDs take place?  Does the marriage location match with the births?

If you are talking about events in the UK, you could try looking for deaths and see whether they help at all.

have you tried to find the PEARSALL family on the 1901 census?

Give us a few more clues!!  :)

kind regards, Arranroots  ;)
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SOM: BIRD, BURT aka BROWN - HEF: BAUGH, LATHAM, CARTER, PRITCHARD - GLS: WEBB, WORKMAN, LATHAM, MALPUS - WIL: WEBB, SALTER - RAD: PRITCHARD, WILLIAMS - GLA: RYAN, KEARNEY, JONES, HARRY - MON: WEBB, MORGAN, WILLIAMS, JONES, BIRD - SCOTLAND: HASTINGS, CAMERON, KELSO, BUCHANAN, BETHUNE/ BEATON - IRELAND: RYAN (WATERFORD), KEARNEY (DUBLIN), BOYLE(DUNDALK)

Offline down-under

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 26 April 06 11:37 BST (UK) »
Hello

Sorry silly of me Violet and Edith born at 9 court 7 Richard Street. Birmingham registered Aston sub district Duddeston. Alice born 4 court 3 Great Lister Street Birmingham. registered Aston also.

The marriage certificate for James and Rose Ann was parish of Ashted Birmingham.

Edith my mother her mother Rose and sister Alice were on the voters list for 114 Berkeley Road Hay Mills for 1939. No men in house but Alice was married by then.

I did not know my grandmothers maiden name was Pearsall till I sent for Moms birth certificate.
I have searched the 1901 census, but I have no idea of any Pearsall or older Jones relatives. it is driving me mad.     If only I still lived in Birmingham I would be at the central library searching all th electors lists from 1900 on wards.  I live in Australia.

Regards Pam
oakley, Leadbeater, Hemming, Jones, Pearsall, Page,------ Aston, Leominster, Balsall Heath, Tewkesbury, Kings Norton, Birmingham.

Offline down-under

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 26 April 06 11:39 BST (UK) »
Hello again

James was a Gas worker on all the birth certificates and on my mothers marriage certificate Gas foreman deceased.

Pam

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 26 April 06 11:58 BST (UK) »
There are not many Rose PEARSALL (or variants) on censuses - you have to think it would be an amazing coincidence.  But as Valda once famously said:  there is always one more than you think (sorry to paraphrase so badly Valda!)

Having a think for you - sorry I am not close enough to look at the electoral registers!

;)
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SOM: BIRD, BURT aka BROWN - HEF: BAUGH, LATHAM, CARTER, PRITCHARD - GLS: WEBB, WORKMAN, LATHAM, MALPUS - WIL: WEBB, SALTER - RAD: PRITCHARD, WILLIAMS - GLA: RYAN, KEARNEY, JONES, HARRY - MON: WEBB, MORGAN, WILLIAMS, JONES, BIRD - SCOTLAND: HASTINGS, CAMERON, KELSO, BUCHANAN, BETHUNE/ BEATON - IRELAND: RYAN (WATERFORD), KEARNEY (DUBLIN), BOYLE(DUNDALK)

Offline Koromo

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 26 April 06 12:15 BST (UK) »

The one Rose Pearsall of the right age and place on the 1891 (and family on 1881) does have siblings called Alice, Edith and Lucy - family names perhaps?

Just a thought!
:)
Census information is Crown copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Lewis: Llanfair Kilgeddin | Abergavenny | NZ
Stallworthy: Bucks. | Samoa | NZ
Brothers: Nottingham | NZ
Darling: Dunbar | Tahiti
Keat: St Minver | NZ
Bowles: Deal | NZ
Coaney: Bucks.
Jones: Brecon

Offline down-under

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 26 April 06 12:17 BST (UK) »
Thank You Koromo

Pam

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 26 April 06 12:47 BST (UK) »
What other details does the marriage cert give?

Father's names for example? 

I tried to find James, to see whether he is near an Rose PEARSALL, but can't seem to find one with the correct age and occupation.

;)

Offline down-under

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 26 April 06 13:28 BST (UK) »
Hello

On the marriage certificate of James Jones  Labourer his father is Edward Jones labourer

Rose Anna gertrude father Samuel Peasall engine driver deceased.  1902 nov 16

On th 1901 census I have seen this family of Jones.

My sister said our grand father came from the Black country, I do not know this for certain.

Samuel Jones age 51 bricklayer born Warwick warwickshire
Alice wife age 39 born Stafford Staffordshire
George E age 19 Bricklayer Satfford
James age 16 Clerk Gas Work  a bit young born Stafford
Lucy age 13 Stafford
Arthur age 11 Stafford
Walter age 9 born Birmingham Warwickshire
Lizzie age 6 B'Ham
Arnold age 4 B'Ham
Paul age 3 B'Ham
Edith age 10 months B'Ham

Pam