Author Topic: Crowe family  (Read 54846 times)

Offline noxas

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Crowe family
« Reply #18 on: Friday 12 June 09 14:33 BST (UK) »
Hellow Rezzyrezz, I have at last found my grandfathers actual birth date.He was born on the 13th. December 1891.The date the birth was registerd was the 5th. January 1882.My grandfathers parents are Patrick Crowe and Catherine Crowe formerly Deegan.The family home is given as Brownes Hill. If you are still in mcontact with other members of th crowe family can you please let them know the above information hopefuly it may be of some  .
  Diarmuid.   :)

Crowe,Carlow,Ireland
Scully,Carlow,Ireland
Deegan,Carlow,Ireland
DonohueCarlow,Ireland

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 12 June 09 15:50 BST (UK) »
He was born on the 13th. December 1891.The date the birth was registerd was the 5th. January 1882. 
Perhaps born 13 Dec.1881?
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline noxas

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 13 June 09 10:17 BST (UK) »
Hi,thanks for the correction,you are right the date of birth was the 13th. December 1881. I read that post several times and still did not notice the error.Once again thanks.
   Diarmuid.
Crowe,Carlow,Ireland
Scully,Carlow,Ireland
Deegan,Carlow,Ireland
DonohueCarlow,Ireland

Offline nuala99

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 18 October 10 19:53 BST (UK) »
Hey
My name is Fionnuala (Nuala) Crowe i am one of Jim's grandchildren who died in 1999 one year off being 90. He had 4 children Lorraine, Olwen, Geraldine (my mother) and Damon, he was the brother to Joe, Austin, Harry, Claire, Lean and Eileen. Grandad married Kathleen Magee who live in Greystones in Weston house. Most of the childen still live there to this day apart from me and my mother as we live in tunbridge wells England. As the family in Greystones do not with to know me and mum. Mum knows lots about the family as grandad's father died of mustard gas as a result of fighting in WW1 & WW2 he was a groomsman, you can find a plack of his regiment up in West Minster Abby. Hope this is some help if you would like to know but the Crowe's on this side then feel free to ask about any thing.

Nuala

P.S i have some photo's of gandad and his brothers as well gandad as a cadet.

Offline noxas

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 19 October 10 15:12 BST (UK) »
Hello Nuala,welcome to rootschat,my name is Diarmuid Crowe,i like you live in England in a village near Leighton Buzzard,Bedfordshire.My grandfather is Matthew Mark Crowe,he was a cousin to Austin Crowe,who was a former lord Mayor of Warrington,which  means one of my grandfather`s brothers was Austins father,unfortunately i am no sure of how many brothers and sisters he had,What i can tell you is that my grandfather was born in 1881 at Browne's Hill,Carlow the large country estate owned by the Browne-Claytons.When he grew up he worked on the estate,i believe he also lived on the estate,he started as a footman and later became a coachman.I do have some old photos of grandad.i also know one of his brothers fought in WW1.
My situation is that i and my brother and cousins are now the older generation,so we have no elder relatives from which to gain further information.
Sorry to have been a bit long winded,i hope this is of some help.

With regards Diarmuid.

Crowe,Carlow,Ireland
Scully,Carlow,Ireland
Deegan,Carlow,Ireland
DonohueCarlow,Ireland

Offline nuala99

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday 20 October 10 16:44 BST (UK) »
hey
thank you for reply, as far as i and my mother know Austin's father is Joe crowe who is my gandad's brother. your gandad is my great uncle as he was the father to my gandad jim (james) crowe as far as we know but this family has it's dark little secreats from my gandmother's generation and my uncle bernard and my mothers sister lorraine are not will to let any of the family to see the family tree. were not sure why i have asked him many of time to see it so i could find family that wouyld like to know me for who i am as they don't like inteference from outsider including me and my mum as we have minds of are own and don't follow there rules. also i was cast out as i'm speek my mind and dress the way i want to not there way. i am the youngest of this side of the crowe's and one of the last.

nuala x

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday 20 October 10 17:01 BST (UK) »
It's lovely when family members find each other on Rootschat and can exchange information but please remember not to post details of living people here. It might also be best to share your problems offline since anyone can read your posts here. As long as you each have 3 posts you can use PM (personal message) system to do so.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline noxas

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday 20 October 10 17:42 BST (UK) »
Hello Nuala,

Thanks for that info that helps a lot,grandad died in 1967,he was just short of his 87th. birthday.I think i have found his parents,his father was Patrick Crowe and his mother was Catherine Crowe,i think they were marriedsome time around 1877,i think he was what was known as a herd,in todays language he would be a herdsman,i,e.an employed man where as in the past may have had an employer or he may have worked his own herd.He later worked on the Brownes hill estate.
  Best wishes Diarmuid.
Crowe,Carlow,Ireland
Scully,Carlow,Ireland
Deegan,Carlow,Ireland
DonohueCarlow,Ireland

Offline noxas

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday 20 October 10 17:45 BST (UK) »
Hello Aghadowey,thanks for the reminder,will make sure not to include the living in my posts.
               Regards Diarmuid.
Crowe,Carlow,Ireland
Scully,Carlow,Ireland
Deegan,Carlow,Ireland
DonohueCarlow,Ireland