Author Topic: Crowe family  (Read 54930 times)

Offline scruppy007

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Crowe family
« Reply #45 on: Friday 09 June 17 16:29 BST (UK) »
Hi all, my name is Dylan, and I have had some trouble with my Irish ancestry. My most recent Crowe relative, who lived in Carlow her whole life, was Ellen Crowe, born 1872, to James Crowe, born 1841, and Catherine Hickey, born 1851. She was also the granddaughter of a Pat Crowe. This is all I really know about her and my older relatives know about her. Ellen Crowe married a William Alton King and had 9 kids with him. Let me know if anyone has any information. Thank you! You can view my family tree on Ancestry.com here: https://www.ancestry.com/family-tree/tree/78747306/family/pedigree?cfpid=42424044606&selnode=1

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Sunday 11 June 17 00:36 BST (UK) »
Welcome to RootsChat Dylan,
Not everyone has a subscription to Ancestry so it would be better to post a bit more information.
I can see a birth of an Ellen Crowe to James Crowe and Catherine Hickey in 1872 on IrishGenealogy but it is registered in Tipperary.
Have you got your Ellen's birth cert and have you found her and William King in the 1911 Census?

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Sunday 11 June 17 09:49 BST (UK) »
That's the family I looking at as well dathai, if it is the right Ellen she does say in both Census born Carlow so it would be good to see where her mother's name was found.

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Sunday 11 June 17 11:06 BST (UK) »

Offline scruppy007

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Wednesday 14 June 17 00:15 BST (UK) »
Hi! Thank you for this information, but somethings seem different. I spoke to one of their grandchildren recently, and she gave me some information about them. This is probably one of the most confusing part of my ancestry, because William King, my 2nd great grandpa, was the heir to some large amount of money, but rejected it, and his mother's family disowned her. So I can't find much on him, but these things give me some information on his parents. Thank you! Also, I'm not sure if my relative told me this or not, but from the information I was given, William King's middle name I believe was Alton, but she may have gotten this off, since she remembers the stories better than the facts. This is the only other difference I can find. This is extremely helpful! Also, would you know if this Crowe family of mine is related to all of your Crowe family members? This would seem likely, since they lived in the same town and they had the same name. Thank you so much this advances my research so much!

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Wednesday 14 June 17 01:20 BST (UK) »
You didn't say where you got the names for Ellen's parents.

Offline scruppy007

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: Thursday 20 July 17 07:03 BST (UK) »
Hi! Sorry for the long response. Ellen's parents names were James and Catherine Crowe (nee Hickey) and they both lived in Tipperary. Ellen's siblings were Margaret, Bridget, Josephine, Catherine, Patrick, and Anne. Also I got her parents names from Ellen's Baptism certificate (Image Unavailable) and a 1901 census, which is where I got the names of her siblings (I found this piece of info on the National Archives of Ireland Site). Do any of these names connect us together? Hope to hear back soon.

Dylan