Author Topic: Cook john /Mckinnan Elspa/Elizabeth  (Read 10483 times)

Offline moscan

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • The next generation
    • View Profile
Re: Cook john /Mckinnan Elspa/Elizabeth
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 02 May 06 19:11 BST (UK) »
it was JANUARY ... that will teach me to stay up looking at web pages till all hours... mind and vision went ...

as for John Cook born 1815 the numbers are Frame Number 179 and GROS reference number 554/00 0001 it does say John Cook and Catherine McKinnon in parish of Kilmory.. I felt the time frame and coincidence of surnames meant it should be passed on.

I looked at the 1841 census and there are 12 John Cooks in Kilmory... oldest is 60 (as per the census transcription) a farmer.

best wishes

Mo
All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright<br /><br />Researching: - Freear, Walker, Aston, Scanlan, Courtney, Lowth, O’Sulivan, McDonnell, Condon, McMahon, McKay, Brock, Gourlay, Busby<br /><br />Locations: - March in Cambridgeshire, Banbury in Oxfordshire, Mileham in Norfolk, Worcester, Evesham, Claines in Worcestershire, Birmingham. Dublin, Cork, Fermanagh in Ireland.  Glasgow, Stirling in Scotland

Offline flag

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Cook john /Mckinnan Elspa/Elizabeth
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 03 May 06 01:23 BST (UK) »
thank you Mo, for your very kind assistance.

I also stay up late, and try not to turn the  computer on at night for that reason, the mind clouds over when it gets to midnight and after,  but in saying that the computer is like a magnet and draws one to it.

as you say John  Cook's birth  is very similar could  be another son.

Flag
martin ireland
samuels bristol uk
britton bristol uk
cook  nz
bowler nz
moore nz
falls  scotland