Author Topic: Cyril Berry has been rescued!!!  (Read 2121 times)

Offline elsiegee1

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Cyril Berry has been rescued!!!
« on: Sunday 30 April 06 14:34 BST (UK) »
Cyril W A Berry, born 16/05/1909 in Alfreton, Belper, Derby.

I visited a car boot recently and found some papers left in the bottom of a cardboard box in the rain.

I had a quick look through and it has his work references from Ironville Boys School in Nottingham, The Jacksville Council School in Nottingham, James Oakes & Co colliery in Birmingham, his certificate from Birmingham City Police, family letters just after WWII, music exam results and what looks like a draft programme for a concert in which Cyril and what I presume to be his sister are listed.
Oh, and there is an A4 sized photograph with it too which I assume to be a family member.

All these came in the original envelope in which his police papers were sent to him, so it even includes his address in Birmingham after he left the police force.

I thought as it seemed to be the documentation of someone's life up to retirement, I should rescue it.

If anyone can prove they are connected to Cyril, or has any ideas about how I can find his descendants, please contact me via the forum.
Thanks
elsiegee 

Moderator Comment: If anybody can help, then please add your replies to the thread on the "England - General" Board, to avoid duplication of efforts. Thanks :)
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,151805.0.html
Gillan (Glasgow, Ireland & Devon), Smith (Coventry & Plymouth), Rice (Coventry & Birmingham), Henchcliffe (Derby, Stoke, Coventry), Randle (Coventry)