Author Topic: Kent Look up 1600 Detling/Boxley-  (Read 5544 times)

Offline Maid of Kent

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Kent Look up 1600 Detling/Boxley-
« on: Sunday 17 October 04 09:45 BST (UK) »
Edmund Kidney c1630 Boxley m 1. Sarah (Large) Harper c1629 on the 20th July1651 and 2. Thomasina Coveney c1630 on the 13March 1655 Allington,
 Are any Boxley records available and also any records that Edmund and Thomasina had a son John possibly born in Detling. If so this would be the link between Edmund and John that I am looking for.
 John m.Dorcas Higham and 'my' lot are descended from them.
By the way there is and interesting anecdote:
Edmund Kidney was found drunk and disorderly in Boxley churchyard at Easter time and as penance had to kneel in Boxley Church... that beats ag lab anytime!
kind regards
Meg

Kidney,Kitney Detling Stockbury Chatham. Wenham Biddenden. Waltham.  Pemble Birchington/St Peters. Sibun Medway Chatham/Gravesend

Offline GreySquirrel

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Kent Look up 1600 Census Detling/Boxley-
« Reply #1 on: Friday 22 October 04 17:28 BST (UK) »
I don't want to disappoint you, Baumann, but the earliest English census of use to family historians is several centuries later -- 1841, to be precise. I'm afraid that your Kidneys might have shuffled off this mortal coil by that date.

Parish registers might survive if you are very lucky.

Offline Maid of Kent

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 22 October 04 20:49 BST (UK) »
Hi Greysquirrel. I live in hope that someone had access to church records! I only suspect that Edmund is Johns father unfortunately  have no documents to prove it. Looks like its the end of the line 1630!!
Meg
Kidney,Kitney Detling Stockbury Chatham. Wenham Biddenden. Waltham.  Pemble Birchington/St Peters. Sibun Medway Chatham/Gravesend

Offline Hackstaple

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Family researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 22 October 04 22:21 BST (UK) »
Some valuable Boxley parish register transcripts are available. click on this URL:
http://www.kfhs.org.uk/mfiche1a.htm
Southern or Southan [Hereford , Monmouthshire & Glos], Jenkins, Meredith and Morgan [Monmouthshire and Glos.], Murrill, Damary, Damry, Ray, Lawrence [all Middx. & London], Nethway from Kenn or Yatton. Also Riley and Lyons in South Africa and Riley from St. Helena.
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Maid of Kent

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 23 October 04 08:58 BST (UK) »
Morning Hackstaple! Thanks for your information. :D As a working Mum I don't  have that much time for research. Hopefully the Boxley records will provide the missing link that I'm looking for. It's great that others find time to help out, this site is Mega Cool 8) (to quote my teenage son)

Offline Hackstaple

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Family researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 23 October 04 09:05 BST (UK) »
Baumann - no need to thank me. Pass the favour down the line sometime. Regards to your son - I'm sure he's cool as well.
Southern or Southan [Hereford , Monmouthshire & Glos], Jenkins, Meredith and Morgan [Monmouthshire and Glos.], Murrill, Damary, Damry, Ray, Lawrence [all Middx. & London], Nethway from Kenn or Yatton. Also Riley and Lyons in South Africa and Riley from St. Helena.
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk