Author Topic: HAKESLEY and ELLARD Braunston  (Read 2922 times)

Offline Trees

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Can't see the wood for the !!!
    • View Profile
HAKESLEY and ELLARD Braunston
« on: Sunday 07 May 06 16:36 BST (UK) »
I have a family of HAKESLEY s from Braunston who marry ELLARDs of Willoughby I believe the parents to be Thomas HAKESLEY and Jane EDWARDS who married in Braunston in 1788. Can anyone help with details of Thomas Hakesley and his children's baptisms please? I think they all had Biblicalnames. Daughters Tabitha and Maacah married brothers Thomas and William ELLARD and sister Delilah married Robert CHAMBERS all from Willoughby. (Tabitha had previous spouses)
Hazel
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

For details of my research interests please see
mcmullin.me.uk
Also read the children a story from Story Time at the same web site.

Offline Gill 1

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Hakesley and ELLARD Braunston
« Reply #1 on: Friday 15 September 06 15:54 BST (UK) »
Hello I have only just started researching family tree but I do have a Tabitha who married Thomas Ellard from Willoughby they had 4 children Elizabeth 1827 Thomas 1830 Edward c1833 Lydia 1836. Edward moved to Birmingham. I do have more information on Edward's family
Gill

Offline Gill 1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 15 September 06 16:51 BST (UK) »
Hello again Just a little more information Tabitha married Thomas on the 8th October1826 at Saint Martin Birmingham. Her surname then was Salmon possible from a previous marriage

Gill

Offline Trees

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Can't see the wood for the !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 15 September 06 17:50 BST (UK) »
Hi Gill 1 Yes this is the family I have quite a lot on Tabitha and the Ellard family take a Look at our web site and get back to me if I can help We went to Warwick and Northampton record Offices last week to try to fill in a few gaps need another trip! We have three separate Ellard groups which we think will link up contact me through the web site and I'll explain
Trees ;)

Welcome to the ever growing family
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

For details of my research interests please see
mcmullin.me.uk
Also read the children a story from Story Time at the same web site.

Offline Gill 1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 16 September 06 10:42 BST (UK) »
Thanks for the information the family tree is a great help.
Edward Ellard born 1865 is my great grandfather. I have managed to find a little information about him and his wife Maria Nellings. They had 10 or 11 children (still trying to confirm 1). The christian names my father remembers them by does not always match census. Your family tree has enabled me to go further back. Though I did guess William and Edward were related. Iwas going to visit Willoughby to try to confirm this.You have done all the hard work for me THANKS!

Gill