Author Topic: RULE,BRYANT,REED,& BRAY  (Read 40097 times)

Offline Trees

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Can't see the wood for the !!!
    • View Profile
Re: RULE,BRYANT,REED,& BRAY
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 13 July 06 13:46 BST (UK) »
Hi Peter ,
Really interesting I wonder if the James listed under Johnson was My James (1759) s of John/Catherine BRYANT. He m Sarah REED in Gwithian 1787 they had children 1782-1795 haven't found a death for him yet.
Where do you fit into the family?
Trees
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

For details of my research interests please see
mcmullin.me.uk
Also read the children a story from Story Time at the same web site.

Offline peterpjw

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 13 July 06 14:14 BST (UK) »
Hi Trees

My line:

Johnson RULE (ca 1663-1723) m 1687 Elizabeth JAMES (1664-1704) parents of
John RULE (b1694) m 1720 Mary PERKING (b 1698) parents of
John RULE (1730-1816) m 1765 Clarinda ELLIS (1737-1810) parents of
Jane RULE (b 1767) m 1791 James THOMAS (b 1763) parents of
Mary THOMAS (1793-1875) m 1826 John PAULL (1793-1865)

These last were my 3xg grandparents who came to Victoria, Australia in 1857.

Cheers

Peter

Offline fizzix

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 14 July 06 00:03 BST (UK) »
Hi Trees,
If you haven't already done so have a look at the Phillack OPC site http://http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~phillack/phillack_pr.htm
 there's loads of data there. I've found so much stuff there I've got comleteley confused, it's great.
Jacqui
Walls, James, Waterworth, Coram, Higman, Ecroyd, Battersby, Monk, Hine, Reid, Hancock, Glanville, Hudspith, McDonald, Podesta, Wyatt, Harrison, Scantlebury, Davey, Whiting, Edmonds, Glover, Donnithorne.

"All census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"

Offline Trees

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 15 July 06 09:43 BST (UK) »
Thanks Jacqui,
That really is a great site if only there was such a dedicated person in every parish research would be easy! I must smarten up my notes and send them on to the various on line Parish Clerks and get on with developing my web site to include the extra stuff we find.
Trees

mcmullin.me.uk

Offline tbennett54

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 18 July 06 07:39 BST (UK) »
I have numerous RULEs and not all the details square with those posted here!  The IGI has private submissions giving the John RULE who married Clarinda ELLIS (in 1765) as having been bapt 18 Mar 1743/44 in Camborne, son of Henry RULE and Mary BORLASE.  I think Henry was bapt 11 Mar 1710/11, son of Johnson RULE (?1663-1723) by his second wife Mary PEARSE (married 24 Feb 1706/07 Camborne).  Unless it is a different Johnson! 

Does anyone have concrete information to identify these lines?

By the way, the Wills listed in the Cornish Database can all be ordered from the Cornwall Record Office by post, very cheaply.  I assume they will supply outside the UK.

Offline Trees

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 18 July 06 08:45 BST (UK) »
t bennett
Welcome to rootschat  hope you enjoy it please share your interpretation on the RULES it will help us all  ;)
Trees

mcmullin.me.uk

Offline tbennett54

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 18 July 06 19:47 BST (UK) »
I've had another look at my RULE data.  I don't think there's much doubt that John Rule who was baptised 18 Feb 1732/33 was the son of John RULE (b 1694) and Mary PERKING, who married in 1720.  He seems the likely candidate for marrying Catherine BRYANT.  I don't think it's John, baptised 26 Dec 1719, son of Johnson RULE (b 1696) and (?) Catherine, as this John seems to have married Anne HOCKING on 1 Mar 1745/46 in Camborne and had numerous children right up to 1772 (the last named being yet another Johnson). 

These RULEs all come from the same common ancestor, Johnson RULE (c 1663-1723), son of Johnson RULE (1629-83) and Rebecca VEALE.  Johnson "junior" married twice, first Elizabeth JAMES on 7 May 1687 in Camborne, and then Mary PEARSE on 24 February 1706/07 in Camborne.  John b 1694 and Johnson b 1696 were two of his sons. 

The full (?) crop is: Richard (1687-bef 1700), Blanche (1690), Elizabeth (1692), John (1694-1763), Johnson (1696-1772), Richard (1700-02), Stephen (1702-78), and from the 2nd marriage James (1708-70) and Henry (1711-72).  I have Henry's son John (1743/44 - ) marrying Clarinda ELLIS in 1765.

Offline Trees

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 21 July 06 23:24 BST (UK) »
As I see things at the moment the possibilities for John RULE /Catherine BRYANT are
              Robert d 1619---left a Will
Line 1                                        Line 2
James = Jane WATERS  or     (2 John=Margory
Richard=Jane WEAREN   (2 Johnson=Rebecca VEALE
James=Jane ?   (2 Johnson=ElizabethJAMES/Mary PEARSE
John(1709)=Jane WILLIAMS   (2 John(1694)= Mary PERKING
John18 Feb 1733 s John          (2 John (25 Feb 1726 Camborne)

Or John 15Jul 1732 Gwennap or 1 Jan 1731 Gwinear both f John no mother!
Any comments?
Trees

mcmullin.me.uk

Offline peterpjw

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 22 July 06 09:51 BST (UK) »
Hi all

Sorry for the delay in replying - I've been away for work.

Here's what I have on the John RULE who m Clarinda ELLIS:

1812 Nov 26: ENG CON Camborne: will: "In the name of God amen.  I John Rule of the parish of Camborne in the County of Cornwall yeoman who am at this time of a sound mind, memory and understanding.  And after renouncing all former wills, legacies, and bequests by me made, given or bequeathed do ratify and confirm this alone to be my last will and testament.  First I give to my son John Rule (now residing in the parish of Gwinear, in the said county) and to my daughter Jane the wife of James Thomas (now of the parish of Saint Erth, also in the said County), the sum of two pound (each) of good and lawful money of Great Britain and Ireland, but payable in Great Britain to be paid them respectively out of my estate, goods, chattels and effects, at or before the end of three months after my decease.  Second, all the remainder of my estate, goods, chattels, valuables and effects, of what nature of kind so ever or wheresoever, which shall belong or in any wise appertain to me at the time of my decease (after my legal debts, decent funeral charges, and legacies aforesaid are paid) I give and bequeath unto my son Johnson Rule of the aforesaid parish of Camborne, whom I also make, constitute and appoint the sole executor of this my last will and testament.  Third, it is further my will that this my last will and testament may be publicly read in the presence of all my children (who shall attend at my then late dwelling house for that purpose) at or before the end of four days after my decease.  In witness whereof I have hereunto put my hand and seal this twenty sixth day of November in the year of our Lord Christ one thousand eight hundred and twelve.  Signed sealed published and declared by the said John Rule (the testator) to be his last will and testament in the presence of us.  Anne Gribbell, John Gribbell.  The mark or sign of John Rule." [4597] [5492].

1816 May 16: ENG CON Camborne: probate: "Will of John Rule yeoman deceased proved in common form before Nicks Phillips clerk, Bachelor of Laws, Surrogate etc and administration of all and singular the goods etc of the said deceased or any way concerning the said will was and is granted to Johnson Rule the son of the said deceased and sole executor named in the said will, being first sworn etc, saving etc, no inventory, stamp 10 shillings, No 86 P62" [4597] [5492] [NB09/019].

1816: ENG CON Camborne: Parish burial register transcript says aged 86 years (therefore born ca 1730).

1816: ENG CON Camborne: monumental inscription index [1260].

To be continued...