Author Topic: Decendants of William Walton  (Read 5341 times)

Offline pikeman

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Decendants of William Walton
« on: Monday 08 May 06 09:04 BST (UK) »
Hello I am looking for the decendants of William Walton born Stanhope 1867 married Margret Ann Cribben/Crippen 1895
lived in Ryton in the 1901 census along with his children Matthew William born 1893 Isabella born 1897 and Eliza born 1901
William was killed whilst saving the lives of two boys in Ferryhill co Durahm in August 1906
there are two monuments to this in the village and in our gala in August we[our town council] would like to have a presentation to the decendants of Will Walton if anyone can help I would be most grateful.
Margret Ann would have had to move out after his death as it was a colliery house and went with the job
by this time in 1906 she had 4 children.
in the 1901 census whilst living in Ryton her brother George William Cribben/Crippen and sister Eliza lived with them at 22 Algernon tce Holy Cross area of Ryton thanks Soo.t
walton ,Birtles Whorley

Offline pikeman

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Decendants of William Walton
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 06 June 06 09:32 BST (UK) »
I am still looking for anyone conected to William Walton have all the ancestors but after his death in 1906 can find no trace of his wife Margaret Ann Walton nee Cribben or their 4 children threee of which I have the names for
Matthew William Walton
Eliza Walton
Isabel Walton
I have tried the county records office read the newspaper article but found nothing after August 1906 for the family any ideas welcomed thanks
walton ,Birtles Whorley

Offline audrey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 06 June 06 09:45 BST (UK) »
have you had a look at this site for deaths

http://www.genuki.org.uk/big/eng/NBL/DeathNotices/deaths_VIP.html

audrey

Offline pikeman

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 06 June 06 09:51 BST (UK) »
Thanks Audrey but not the right ones on the 1901 census they are living in Ryton
Margret ann was 25
Eliza  months
Matthew William 7 years
Isabella 3 years
also living with them were Margaret Ann's brother George William Cribben aged 21 and her sister Eliza Cribben aged 12 Years
walton ,Birtles Whorley

Offline audrey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 06 June 06 10:13 BST (UK) »
I think I would look for a second marriage for Margaret Anne Walton
I would also look for a marriage for George William Cribben it will give you an idea where they went I would look in all area's if Margaret had to leave a tied house she could of gone any where was the brother a coal miner he could of got a house in his name and the family went to live with him a lot of Ifs and buts I know but worth a try

audrey

Offline pikeman

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 06 June 06 10:23 BST (UK) »
I can find no marriage for George William Cribben or a second one for Margaret Ann
the house was tied as William walton was an overman at Dean and Chapter colliery so when he died she would have to move I have looked to see if she went back to Stanhope but can find no trace
George William Cribben is down as a grocer in the 1901 census I looked on the elctoral roll for 1906 and only William Walton was named as living in Newton st Ferryhill no mention of George William Cribben so I wonered if he had stayed in Ryton?
walton ,Birtles Whorley

Offline audrey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 06 June 06 10:42 BST (UK) »
I know this is not what you want to hear but have you thought that Margaret may have ended up in the workhouse with her children
I spent many years looking for my great grandfather he was living Camerton Cumberland on the 1901 census found him in 1915 in the workhouse still don't know why as his wife was living with her daughter sadly he died there

audrey

Offline pikeman

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 06 June 06 10:57 BST (UK) »
Any idea how I would find out I did find the records for Bishop Auckland workhouse but that was 1891?
I see you have an interest in the surname Sewell the chap working on this with me from our history society is called Sewell and has been searching for his ancestors from Cumberland he may have some info you need.
walton ,Birtles Whorley

Offline audrey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 06 June 06 11:04 BST (UK) »
I would love to get in touch with him I am a SEWELL by birth and have been working on this family for over 20 years I am off there in a couple of weeks to continue my search thank you .I found William in the workhouse by finding his death cert I then wrote to cumberland and they were kind enough to go through their records they also told me where he was buried, a pauper I am going to visit his grave when I am in Cumberland

audrey