Author Topic: Help needed with name.  (Read 2163 times)

Offline chrissy

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Help needed with name.
« on: Thursday 11 May 06 02:23 BST (UK) »
Morning
 I have  this name on a 1851 census in dunoon,scotland-
    HenryG.P???...do......5.......do.
 What could the g.p. stand for ?its the fist time Ive had middle names in the family. :-\
  Possiblity.-His oldest brother was thomas paine davidson/davison,could this be a repeat of the paine name,I havnt a clue? ??? ::)
                                    Cheers from  chrissy

Davidson,Payne/Paine-Dunoon/Glasgow/scotland,Sherlock-cheshire,king -female convict-7 years nsw,french-tasmania,sewell-hubbys side,O brien- Cochrane-guernsey-india .Morehouse-Kirkburton-yorkshire. Gippsland-davidson,flood,baker,rose.Chambers..Bungaree.Chambers ..county clare,Kane county clare.

Offline Darcy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Searching for little needles in big haystacks
    • View Profile
Re: Help needed with name.
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 11 May 06 02:44 BST (UK) »
Hi Chrissy, ;D

as Henry has a brother with "Paine" as a second name it's quite likely that the name was given to Henry too.

Henry George Paine looks good to me. ;D

If you find Henry on a later census you may be able to verify the name.

Darcy ;D
Fisher, Pitts, Lucas, Emmit, Keal, Bennett, Maddock, Jackson, Pidd, Lincolnshire <br />Bullock, Read, White, Gloucestershire.<br />Shepherd, Foyle, Crowter, Green, Wiltshire<br />Strickland, Fisher, Butterworth, Brown, Northhamptonshire<br />Shepherd, Bullock, Waterhouse, Lancashire
Fisher, Goodwin, Rutland
<br /><br /><br /> Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline chrissy

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Help needed with name.
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 11 May 06 03:51 BST (UK) »
Thanks darcy :),                                                             Henry George Paine Davidson. I think that could be a good possibility,Now I just have to try and find the the blighter ;D........chrissy.
Davidson,Payne/Paine-Dunoon/Glasgow/scotland,Sherlock-cheshire,king -female convict-7 years nsw,french-tasmania,sewell-hubbys side,O brien- Cochrane-guernsey-india .Morehouse-Kirkburton-yorkshire. Gippsland-davidson,flood,baker,rose.Chambers..Bungaree.Chambers ..county clare,Kane county clare.