Author Topic: Private Messages  (Read 2705 times)

Offline AngelaR

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Private Messages
« on: Tuesday 19 October 04 09:31 BST (UK) »
I'm very reluctant to post this as the answer must be really obvious! I've searched the help pages and everywhere I can think but still can't work out how to send a private message.

Sorry about this

Angela
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk<br /><br />Especially looking for - Sealey, Rogers, Cannings, Box, Sheppard in Wiltshire; Virgin, Slade, Abbott, Saint, Harper, Silverthorn in Somerset; and Virgin, Tarr, Beer in Devon

And most especially the origins of William Cannings,  a Baptist, born abt 1791 in Broughton Gifford, Wiltshire

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Berlin-Bob

• Caretaker
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Private Messages
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 19 October 04 09:38 BST (UK) »
Hi Angela,

we all had these moments, when starting, so don't be hard on yourself !

look to the left column of a posting. There are two small icons, a face and a scroll. position your cursor on the scroll, and a message appears "personal message (online)" click on the icon, and away you go !!
Any UK Census Data included in this post is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)

My research interests (and data found) can be seen on my website:   http://www.margulies-chronicles.com/

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline AngelaR

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 19 October 04 09:41 BST (UK) »
Thanks very much Bob!

It's obvious when you know.......

Angela
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk<br /><br />Especially looking for - Sealey, Rogers, Cannings, Box, Sheppard in Wiltshire; Virgin, Slade, Abbott, Saint, Harper, Silverthorn in Somerset; and Virgin, Tarr, Beer in Devon

And most especially the origins of William Cannings,  a Baptist, born abt 1791 in Broughton Gifford, Wiltshire

Offline lodnles

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 19 October 04 10:05 BST (UK) »
I had the same problem - so you weren't the only one!

Now can someone please explain in simple terms what happens when you click on "notify"?

lodnwa

Offline Berlin-Bob

• Caretaker
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 19 October 04 10:15 BST (UK) »
hi lodnwa,

when you start a topic or post a reply to a topic, and someone answers, you will be "notified" by e-mail, that a reply has come.

use "notify" to enable/disable this feature, or, when replying, click on "Additional Options" and you can turn it off there !
Any UK Census Data included in this post is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)

My research interests (and data found) can be seen on my website:   http://www.margulies-chronicles.com/