Author Topic: Private Messages  (Read 3068 times)

Offline AngelaR

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Private Messages
« on: Tuesday 19 October 04 09:31 BST (UK) »
I'm very reluctant to post this as the answer must be really obvious! I've searched the help pages and everywhere I can think but still can't work out how to send a private message.

Sorry about this

Angela
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Especially looking for - Sealey, Rogers, Cannings, Box, Sheppard in Wiltshire; Virgin, Slade, Abbott, Saint, Harper, Silverthorn in Somerset; and Virgin, Tarr, Beer in Devon

And most especially the origins of William Cannings,  a Baptist, born abt 1791 in Broughton Gifford, Wiltshire

Offline Berlin-Bob

• Caretaker
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Private Messages
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 19 October 04 09:38 BST (UK) »
Hi Angela,

we all had these moments, when starting, so don't be hard on yourself !

look to the left column of a posting. There are two small icons, a face and a scroll. position your cursor on the scroll, and a message appears "personal message (online)" click on the icon, and away you go !!
Any UK Census Data included in this post is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)

Offline AngelaR

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 19 October 04 09:41 BST (UK) »
Thanks very much Bob!

It's obvious when you know.......

Angela
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Especially looking for - Sealey, Rogers, Cannings, Box, Sheppard in Wiltshire; Virgin, Slade, Abbott, Saint, Harper, Silverthorn in Somerset; and Virgin, Tarr, Beer in Devon

And most especially the origins of William Cannings,  a Baptist, born abt 1791 in Broughton Gifford, Wiltshire

Offline lodnles

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 19 October 04 10:05 BST (UK) »
I had the same problem - so you weren't the only one!

Now can someone please explain in simple terms what happens when you click on "notify"?

lodnwa

Offline Berlin-Bob

• Caretaker
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 19 October 04 10:15 BST (UK) »
hi lodnwa,

when you start a topic or post a reply to a topic, and someone answers, you will be "notified" by e-mail, that a reply has come.

use "notify" to enable/disable this feature, or, when replying, click on "Additional Options" and you can turn it off there !
Any UK Census Data included in this post is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)