Author Topic: TANSEY - Sligo  (Read 20418 times)

Offline lancastrianliz

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: TANSEY - Sligo
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 27 August 15 20:19 BST (UK) »
Hello gypsymoth.
I have Tanseys from Nantwich who moved to Nelson.  Seems too much of a coincidence?
I'm trying to put my family info back together after ten years away from it (children)
Any info welcome!
Thanks.
Liz.

Offline gypsymorph

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 03 September 15 22:34 BST (UK) »
Hi does anyone have photos of members of the Tansey family from Sligo then moved to Crewe/Nantwich area? My ancestors, Michael Tansey and wife Bridget Donohoe had a son, Cornelius, who married Elizabeth jane Ball from Cornwall. They were my great grandparents and I would love to see photos of them.

Offline gypsymorph

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 03 September 15 22:46 BST (UK) »
Hello gypsymoth.
I have Tanseys from Nantwich who moved to Nelson.  Seems too much of a coincidence?
I'm trying to put my family info back together after ten years away from it (children)
Any info welcome!

Thanks.
Liz.

Hi
Yes, Cornelius and Elizabeth moved to Nelson and had children, Edward known as Ned, my grandfather, who married Ann Murray Brown, Samuel, Thomas, Ellen Jane, Hannah. Cornelius was a bricklayer and the son of Michael and Bridget Tansey from Sligo. Is there anything you particularly want to know?

Offline Kerry981

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 04 September 15 08:49 BST (UK) »
Hi, Cornelius would have been my grandad's uncle, as his father was Thomas & mother Beatrice. We have found lots of Tansey's up to now just started to get a little stuck, we have started a tree on ancestory & have got as far back as Patrick's wife Sarah's family in Sligo, Pall & Killy.
We're still looking for Patrick's side in Sligo & other names to add to the tree if anyone can help, I would be very grateful.
Thanks Kerry. ( I have a picture of Edward, Cornelius's son & he is the double of my grandad)

Offline lancastrianliz

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 05 September 15 16:37 BST (UK) »
Hello gypsymoth.
Any info welcome!

Thanks.
Liz.

Hi
Yes, Cornelius and Elizabeth moved to Nelson and had children, Edward known as Ned, my grandfather, who married Ann Murray Brown, Samuel, Thomas, Ellen Jane, Hannah. Cornelius was a bricklayer and the son of Michael and Bridget Tansey from Sligo. Is there anything you particularly want to know?
Hi Gypsymorph.
Thanks for the reply.
All I have is that my great grandfather, John Clement Tansey was born in Crewe/Nantwich 1887, married Elizabeth Holden from Nelson. I think his dad is John Tansey and mum Louisa Simcoe. I'm guessing he moved to Nelson because of family and work there.
Could be cousins to Cornelius perhaps?
I really need to order some birth certificates!  I'm also not finding freeBMD as easy to use as I remember!  Could just be post-baby brain.
Thanks for any info.
Liz.

Offline gypsymorph

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 05 September 15 16:58 BST (UK) »
Hi Liz
I know Cornelius worked on building the Leeds Liverpool canal, my dad, Jack Tansey used to show me things he built. I have a family tree on Ancestry, so will check if I can give you the info you need before you spend money on birth certificates.  Give me a couple of days.

Offline lancastrianliz

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 05 September 15 21:40 BST (UK) »
Thanks so much.  Really appreciate that.  Liz.   :D

Offline gypsymorph

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 06 September 15 16:54 BST (UK) »
Hi Kerry and Liz
Firstly, Kerry, Patrick was the brother of my g.grandad, Cornelius 1857 and they had other siblings, Ellen W. 1866
Ann 1855
Mary J
Catherine 1854
Michael Henry
Parents are Michael Tansey 1836 - 1911 and Bridget Donahue 1835 - 1902 who came from Sligo to Crewe. I think his parents were Cornelius Tansey and Margret Daw but not certain.  Do you have names of Patrick's children as I have if you want them.
Secondly, Liz
John Clement tansey had a brother Cornelius b.1885 of parents John and Louisa but don't really know more than that. It didn't help that they all seem to name their children the same as their brothers and sisters. So confusing.

Offline lancastrianliz

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday 07 September 15 20:22 BST (UK) »
Thanks so much! 
Again seems a coincidence to have another Cornelius! Must be related somehow.
I'll let you know if I get any further.
Cheers.
Liz.
x