Author Topic: Clezy, Clezie connections  (Read 77957 times)

Offline clazey

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Clezy, Clezie connections
« on: Wednesday 17 May 06 02:50 BST (UK) »
I am looking for more information on this line through the women.  George Clezie married Jean Lockie 1813; GEorge Clazy married Rabina Bell 1819; James Clezy married ? but first child, Alicia b. 1793 Edrom; Thomas Clazie b. 1737, Edrom; George Clazy m. Margaret Brack, 1812; Buncles and Preston; John Clazy m. Margaret Gray, 1816; William Clazy m. Katharin Liongat, Hutton, 6/14/1703; Mary Clazy m. John Wilson, 1832; Margaret Clazy m. Robert Hay, 1841.  James Clazy m. Jessy Brodie, 1825; Isabella Clazy m. David Drummond, Eccles;

It is the 1703 entry that has me intrigued...I cannot get past this date and would love to discover who William's father was and where they were.

Sharon:)
Tough, Keith, Kerr, Donaldson, Clazey, Stephenson, Jardine, Spry, Jewell. Oswald, Middlemiss, Harper, Carter, Hutchinson, Scott, Lamb.

Offline anner

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Clezy, Clezie connections
« Reply #1 on: Monday 03 July 06 21:30 BST (UK) »
Hi Sharon,
 I have just found in my tree William Clazy married to my Great grandfatherx3 sister Jane Ker Ross.
Williams parents are George Clazy and Agnes Alexander.
Jane Ross died between 1831 and 1838 and William then Married Mary Mason.
These Clazy's came from Hutton Berwick, Scotland.
Dont know if these are anyting to do with yours.
Regards
Anne.
Scotland:Ross, Wilson, Slater, Reid, White.
England: Todd, Butterworth, Bearpark, Angell, Spreadborough,
to name but a few.

Offline clazey

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 03 July 06 22:19 BST (UK) »
William is definitely in the line.  I have George b. 19 May 1765, Edrington. Died:  5 October 1833, age 69.  Agnes Alexander b. 1769, Died 31 October1833.  George's father was George Claise married to Agnes MIddlemiss or Middlemist.  This is where things get confusing and I have yet to straighten it out...George had brothers:  William, John and James.

GEorge and Agnes Alexander had the following children:  George christened 26 January 1794; Margaret b. 1796 d. 1856; Adam b. 1800 d. 1837, Greenlees; Agnes b. 28 June 1804, Witnesses, Jn. Leslie & JA Knox; She died 14 August 1879; William b. 16 May 1807; and finally Helen b. 1810 d. 17 June 1839.  She married John Leitch.  He was of Lockton. Banns were posted 14 and 21 April 1833. She was of Eccles.

Son George married Robina Bell.   Their children were Agnes b. 18 January 1822. She married 13 June 1856, John Thomson in Eccles.

George b. 30 December 1824. Baptized 20 February 1825. He married Janet Kirkwood Orr, High Paisley Church. (He became a minister).

Margaret b. 24 December 1827, baptised January 15, 1828.  Witnesses:  Mr. Oliver and Mr. Waddell.

Jane, b. 11 December1832, baptised January 1833. Witnesses:  Adam Clazy and Davidson.

I have a letter from 1932 from the last surviving member of this line. It was sent to Dr. Peter Clezy in Australia as he was researching the family history.  His line comes down from the son, John of George Claise. married Margaret Palen.  He is in his 90s now and I am waiting for some papers he was going to send which should straighten out this tree. 

My problem is John Clazie...Dr. Clezy is certain he comes down from William but to date, I cannot locate the man except he was a miller in Berwick-Upon-Tweed in 1815...he died when his three sons were young...

This is a lot of information...let me know if you want more...I have it all the way to George Robert Clazy who was in the Yukon Territory in 1901 sitting on a gold mine...

Sharon
Tough, Keith, Kerr, Donaldson, Clazey, Stephenson, Jardine, Spry, Jewell. Oswald, Middlemiss, Harper, Carter, Hutchinson, Scott, Lamb.

Offline anner

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 13 December 06 13:39 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sharon,
I have just refound this post, I have read your reply and again those names fit. I dont know if any children where born to Jane or William as I havent found any yet. Also it looks as if none where born to William and Mary. But on Williams death cert. 13/2/1892 he has a niece called Margaret Doig. Margaret lived in Gladstone Terrace, Edinburgh. William died of old age and Paralysis, at the age of 85.
Really interesting.
Regards
Anne.

P.S. William died in Kelso and he also married Jane there, his usual address looks like 43 Roeburgh Street, Kelso.
to name but a few.

Offline Beckey

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 13 December 06 15:02 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

Are these of any use?

Eccles Church Yard.

john Hoy 8.6.1808  55 yrs.  dau. Isable 5.11.1808 23 yrs.  son Thomas 21.8.1818 25 yrs.  spouse Elizabeth Simson 11.10.1839 79 yrs.  son Rober 19.11.1866 67 yrs.  Wife of Robert Margaret Clazy  21.2.1885 89 yrs.

George Clazy 5.10.1833 69 yrs.  wife Agnes Alexander 31.10.1852 83 yrs.  son Adam d. at Greenlees 7.6.1837 37 yrs.  dau. Helen )wife of John Leitch) 17.6.1839 29 yrs.  ?  dau. of Adam Clazy (more buried by large stones)
on back.
Agnes Clazy 14.8.1879 75 yrs.

Scottish Borders - Wait Binnie Aitchison Whitelaw Sligo Fairgrieve Fairburn Robinson Plenderlieth Robson Broadwith Park Dickie Kerr Wilson Lockie Oliver Brown Scott.
Ross & Cromarty, Forsyth Bain.
Kincardine, Forsyth Lownie.
Staffordshire - Smith Steele Hallmark Colclough Dunn Booth Frost.
Shropshire - Tennant.
Sheffield - Savage England Corn Trippett.
Lincolnshire - Savage Smalley Allitt Booth Addison Kirton.
Huntingdonshire - Corn Connington Randall Baxter Booth .

Offline anner

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 13 December 06 16:02 GMT (UK) »
Hi Becky,
These look like Williams parents. I know he had sisters and one being called Helen, on the igi it also says he has a sister Margaret, so maybe transcribed wrong on there. These are really helpful.
Many Thanks
Regards
Anne.
to name but a few.

Offline runningbear

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 13 December 06 16:50 GMT (UK) »
wonder if this is any help?

1841 census: sunwick cottages, hutton, berwickshire

the clazy family

william...age 50...ag labourer
isabel...age 43
jane...age 21...ag labourer
george...age 15...ag labourer
john...age 12...ag labourer
isabel...age 10...born england
elizabeth...age 7...born england
robert...age 6
charles...age 4
agnes...age 2

all born berwickshire unless stated otherwise

happy hunting

Joe
helping wherever possible

Offline clazey

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 13 December 06 21:17 GMT (UK) »
This is wonderful stuff!!  William's wife, Isabel was Purvis? Or am I in the wrong William tree. And, I finally know where Charles and Robert go...

George Clazy and Agnes Alexander...was the son of George Claisye according to another Clazey researcher.    My line descends from George's brother...James. James married Helen Ker.

I am still having trouble sorting all these lines.  I am sure they are all related but the point of all tying in together is eluding me!!  I cannot find anymore on George Claisye...but there is a William about the same time married to Kathrine Liongat...perhaps William and George related or father and son?

Sharon

Offline clazey

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 14 December 06 00:01 GMT (UK) »
I had found the marriage of William and Jane Ker Ross and wondered if there was a connection between her and Helen Ker who married James Clazey.  I found his birth and his name was spelled Claizy. I live in the US - Jacksonville, Florida. As far as I have been able to find, with the exception of a Joseph Clazey who arrived in the US,  and a George Clazy who arrived in Baltimore, Maryland in abt. 1816 or so...few seemed to leave.  George Clazy married Margaret Brack in Buncle and Preston 1812 I think.  I recently heard from a T.M. Sommers whose 4x great grandmother was Margaret Clazey, a daughter of the above. That line continues.  My line...George Oswald Clazey, son of John Clazey and Isabelle Oswald...no boys to carry on the name. 

Sharon