Author Topic: the link  (Read 1239 times)

Offline nora T

• RootsChat Senior
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
the link
« on: Wednesday 20 October 04 09:47 BST (UK) »
i have told a friend {cousin} in america about roots chat , and she says she just  gets roots web, she says could i send her a link,for rootschat,  HOW, i am not very p.c. literate, ok i am thick, what do i do?  help please nora T
i am researching the timmis family salop. staffs, and cheshire, also the culverwell family, congleton cheshire,and staffs.also jervis, jarvis, staffs and wales,also reece, staffs and dudley

Offline trystan

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-founder
    • View Profile
Re: the link
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 20 October 04 10:23 BST (UK) »
Nora,

It's great that you've told your friend/cousin about RootsChat! You're not thick at all - most of my family wouldn't be any of the wiser of what a link is either.

Just tell her that "the link" to RootsChat is "RootsChat.com" or "RootsChat.co.uk", then she will be able to get here no problem.

(technically a "proper" link looks something like http://www.rootschat.co.uk but it's a bit cumbersome to type!)

Trystan
PS

You can also press the button to send a copy of this message to her.
Send RootsChat a postcard:
RootsChat.com, Europa House, Barcroft Street, Bury, Lancashire, BL9 5BT
Admin Tip: Forgotten your Username or Password and would like to reply to one of these messages?  CLICK HERE to get a reminder.
AOL Users: You may need to 'cut and paste' any links you get in emails for them to work.

Offline nora T

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 20 October 04 13:48 BST (UK) »
thanks trystan, i will do it straight away,, thanks nora
i am researching the timmis family salop. staffs, and cheshire, also the culverwell family, congleton cheshire,and staffs.also jervis, jarvis, staffs and wales,also reece, staffs and dudley

Offline nora T

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 20 October 04 14:07 BST (UK) »
hey , trystan, i did it , the long one, and it went blue,  i always wondered how  you did that, thanks again,  if she likes the site, we might have another american  member, i do hope so, regards nora

Offline trystan

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 20 October 04 16:11 BST (UK) »
Nora,

Well done! The more the merrier - now that you know how to link to us there'll be no stopping you now.  ;)

Trystan
Send RootsChat a postcard:
RootsChat.com, Europa House, Barcroft Street, Bury, Lancashire, BL9 5BT
Admin Tip: Forgotten your Username or Password and would like to reply to one of these messages?  CLICK HERE to get a reminder.
AOL Users: You may need to 'cut and paste' any links you get in emails for them to work.

Offline nora T

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 20 October 04 17:17 BST (UK) »
thanks trystan, regards nora