Author Topic: Hanton of Upton  (Read 5197 times)

Offline aldee

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Hanton of Upton
« on: Saturday 20 May 06 16:50 BST (UK) »
Hi there , I have been searching the Parish registers for Upton , Norfolk ,to find a baptism  entry for Benjamin Hanton approx. 1787 , I can find two entries for baptisms for children who could be his siblings , their parents were James and Susanna  Hanton nee Wade  . He later married Christianna Tungate about 1813.
I would be grateful for any help .Aldee ??? 

Offline Bee

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Hanton of Upton
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 25 May 06 19:28 BST (UK) »
Hi Aldee,

The IGI has an entry for a marriage of a Benjamin Hanton to a Criss Jungate at Upton 22 August 1814, obviously it would need to be checked in the parish register.

Bee :)
Dinsdale, Ellis, Gee, Goldsmith,Green,Hawks,Holmes,  Lacey, Longhorn, Pickersgill, Quantrill,Tuthill, Tuttle & Walker,  in E & W Yorks, Lincs, Norfolk & Suffolk. Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline aldee

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Hanton of Upton
« Reply #2 on: Friday 26 May 06 14:11 BST (UK) »
Hi Bee ,and thank you very much for the date of marriage of my gt x3 grandparents .I will have to wait and see if someone can come up with Benjamins birth  now ,but I have scanned the parish records until my eyes have crossed with the strain ,but could not come up with his birth ,however the Hanton's seemed to wander ,so maybe he was born elsewhere . ???regards Aldee