Author Topic: Maidenhead Schools  (Read 96660 times)

Offline Nifty1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Maidenhead Schools
« Reply #243 on: Tuesday 31 October 17 18:48 GMT (UK) »
I re read my post that refers to my memories of. Elmslie. Must have been having a senior moment when I wrote it. As I now think that my teachers were Mrs. Miss Stevens.

Just now I tried the link to the picture that I posted. I can't get it to work. I will try and repost when I can find the original.
Kirtland (Oxfordshire Windsor, Berkshire)
Lipscombe (Longwick Berkshire 1825- 1960)
Marsh (Co Durham+Berks  Bucks post 1935, Wokingham 1990)
Reynolds (Buckinghamshire)
Green Berkshire)
Brown (? Co Durham)
Wilson ( ? Buckinghamshire)

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline MIKE WINBURY

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: Tuesday 31 October 17 19:33 GMT (UK) »
 Hi I have senior moments nowdays,would like to see the photograph,trying to remember teachers,there was a very tall lanky teacher had a small bag  always around her shoulder,... i do remember chasing  older girls around the playground..

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline MIKE WINBURY

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: Wednesday 01 November 17 19:02 GMT (UK) »
Did anybody go to Emslie girls school in Maidenhead around 1967 to 1969 did anybody remember a girl from  Sierra Leone called Eleoner Rogers...or  sisters called Gloria Elliot and Dorothy Elliot from Ghana   also a girl from South Africa  called Stella Obuli..if you can help it is very important..regards Mike

Offline Karen Collins

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: Sunday 18 March 18 15:43 GMT (UK) »
Re: Lynton House School in Maidenhead.  The two head teachers names were Mrs. Fuller and Miss Wooster. I was there between 1956 and 1961.  I too remember the freezing pool, changing rooms and the disinfectant foot bath we were made to step in.  Also the verucca/athletes foot check beforehand.