Author Topic: James Tasker Convict England to Australia  (Read 2627 times)

Offline juddee

• RootsChat Senior
  • Found them! Found them! I wish!
    • View Profile
James Tasker Convict England to Australia
« on: Thursday 21 October 04 17:57 BST (UK) »
I am having difficulty tracing any information on James as he listed both Buckinghamshire and Oxford City as his native place on his transportation records which I have managed to obtain a copy.  He was tried at the Berkshire Assizes in 1820 and sentenced to 7 yrs in Van Diemans Land now Tasmania.  He married Mary Smith/Smythe from Enniskillen in 1831 had a family and never returned home. At his time of sentencing he was aged 35 which leads me to believe that he was most probably already married and had family although I have not found any records to back this up.   I have been unable to find anything definite on him so any help would be gratefully received
Living in the land of Oz<br />Berkshire TASKER<br />Cambridgeshire BLANKS HAYDEN, STEWART<br />Durham GRAY LAVERICK UNTHANK<br />Gloustershire ANDREWS WILLINGTON<br />Hertfordshire HALES HAYDEN<br />Lancashire WHITE HARTNET<br />Oxfordshire EATON TASKER<br />Somerset  DAINTY GERRETT MURRAY SLADE<br />Wiltshire BARTLETT GERRETT<br /> Galway HICKEY LEWIS <br />Germany HARTMANN SCHUEMACHER<br />