Author Topic: Solomon Gerrett  (Read 2783 times)

Offline juddee

• RootsChat Senior
  • Found them! Found them! I wish!
    • View Profile
Solomon Gerrett
« on: Thursday 21 October 04 18:14 BST (UK) »
Am searching for any information on Solomon Gerrett/Gerret who I believe was born to John Gerrett/Gerret and Honour Bartlett at Deverill Kingston c. 13 May 1787/  He married Martha maiden name and birth unknown and from 1819, when their first child Mary Ann was christened, lived in Frome Somerset.  The name  Solomon does not appear too often so I believe I am on the right track but cannot find where and when he married.  On the christening records of the children Martha is listed as Martha Garrett so I do not know if this is her maiden name  or married name.  Any help on Solomon would be greatly appreciated.
Living in the land of Oz<br />Berkshire TASKER<br />Cambridgeshire BLANKS HAYDEN, STEWART<br />Durham GRAY LAVERICK UNTHANK<br />Gloustershire ANDREWS WILLINGTON<br />Hertfordshire HALES HAYDEN<br />Lancashire WHITE HARTNET<br />Oxfordshire EATON TASKER<br />Somerset  DAINTY GERRETT MURRAY SLADE<br />Wiltshire BARTLETT GERRETT<br /> Galway HICKEY LEWIS <br />Germany HARTMANN SCHUEMACHER<br />

Offline Little Nell

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Solomon Gerrett
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 21 October 04 18:39 BST (UK) »
Hi juddee

I have not found the marriage yet, have a further place to check out later, but I have found Solomon's siblings for you.: all baptism dates in Deverill Kingston

Elizabeth 21 Mar 1771
Philip 25 Jul 1773
Thomas 21 May 1775
John 17 Aug 1777
Thomas 14 Nov 1779
John 26 May 1782
Elizabeth 20 Jun 1784
Solomon 13 May 1787
George 2 Mar 1794 baptised Hornsingham

I will look later for the marriage.  No trace of his parents marriage yet either.  I'll keep you posted.

Nell
All census information: Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline juddee

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 21 October 04 18:48 BST (UK) »
Hi Nell
Thank you so much for the information! I never expected a reply so soon.  Finding his siblings has filled in the blank spaces I've had and the marriage would be a absolute bonus.  Thank you again for your help.
Juddee
Living in the land of Oz<br />Berkshire TASKER<br />Cambridgeshire BLANKS HAYDEN, STEWART<br />Durham GRAY LAVERICK UNTHANK<br />Gloustershire ANDREWS WILLINGTON<br />Hertfordshire HALES HAYDEN<br />Lancashire WHITE HARTNET<br />Oxfordshire EATON TASKER<br />Somerset  DAINTY GERRETT MURRAY SLADE<br />Wiltshire BARTLETT GERRETT<br /> Galway HICKEY LEWIS <br />Germany HARTMANN SCHUEMACHER<br />

Offline Little Nell

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 21 October 04 23:15 BST (UK) »
Hi juddee,

I'm sorry, but my other source did not turn up any results either for Solomon or his parents.  At the moment, that's as far as I can go for you.  Glad the other stuff was of assistance.

Nell
All census information: Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline juddee

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 22 October 04 05:32 BST (UK) »
Hi Nell
Thanks again for all the trouble you have taken to help me. Just sorry you were unable to turn up anything.  I have tried everything I can think of to trace this family and three others and reach a dead-end. It's like they have just appeared out of nowhere-Magic!  But it makes me all the more determined and thrill of finding another missing link that keeps me enthralled.  "Never give up" is my motto!