Author Topic: Dumple Street  (Read 46450 times)

Offline bill4brickwork

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Dumple Street
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday 07 November 06 14:23 GMT (UK) »
sorry to jump in so late,my family from my mother upwards all lived and were born in dumple street.we are direct descendants of the hopkins family who at one time ran a boat chandlers yard from the street.my aunt to this day still lives just off of longwestgate so has not moved very far

Offline lesleyhannah

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday 07 November 06 14:33 GMT (UK) »
YOu must be related to Will then? And probably my family knew yours a hundred or more years ago. I wonder if any of the Darling/Tindall/Dove descendants are still living in the area.

The photos were a great help in imagining what it must have been like in those days.

Lesley

Offline bill4brickwork

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday 07 November 06 22:10 GMT (UK) »
very likly related to wil all this has come tolight over the last few months or so

Offline margaretfrank

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday 15 November 11 09:49 GMT (UK) »
Trying to contact Will Marshall I see you have the Frank family in your interests.My husband is a descendant of Robert Frank of Scarborough and his 2x gt grandfather Thomas Frank lived in Dumple Street at one census return he was a shoe repairer
Would be pleased to exchange family information with you if you are willing. My husbands line was Robert Frank Thomas Frank who married mary Brough , Thomas Brough Frank who married Jane Langdale , Christopher Charles Frank married Ethel cahill.Charles Cecil Frank married Mary Isabel Silversides  Then my husband  Charles Graham Frank
Best Wishes
Margaret Frank

Offline William Marshall

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Thursday 15 December 11 11:10 GMT (UK) »
Hi there sorry for the slow reply I haven't been on roots chat for a loooong time so have just set up a new profile! Robert franks daughter margaret I beleive was married to Cornelius felix marlow born 1876 they in turn had a daughter elsie who was my grandads mother Id be very interested in shareing any info we have!!! I do have a picture of robert frank and his wife in their garden she appears to be knitting and hes got a big grin on his face haha! Im not living with my parents which is the home of all my pictures family tree etc so I will try and get that photo  on my next trip there which should be pretty soon!

Offline margaretfrank

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Thursday 15 December 11 19:32 GMT (UK) »
Hi William .It would be great to share information on my husbands Frank family. If you would find it easier my email direct is *
My real name not surprising is Margaret Frank. My husband is Charles Graham Frank known as Graham.His dad was Charles Cecil F.gf Christopher Charles F ggf Thomas Brough F gt gt gf Thomas F and finally gt gt gt gf Robert Frank. :) Think i told you this before.
regards Margaret
(*)

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline hanes teulu

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Thursday 15 December 11 21:07 GMT (UK) »
Will Marshall

The 1881 Census has Henry Hopkins, born Stirling, at No 7 Dumple Street with his wife Hannah and son Francis, aged 16.

On 29th December 1882 the Hull Packet newspaper carried a report of "A fatal affray at Scarborough, in a lodging house in Dumple Street kept by Henry Hopkins". The report describes a fight where "a ring was formed in the yard by the greater portion of the fifty or sixty persons who were lodging in the house".

regards

Offline William Marshall

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Saturday 17 December 11 19:08 GMT (UK) »
Wow!! I wonder what happend there? Thanks for digging that one out for me! Ill have to follow that up an see who the victim an accused were!

Offline William Marshall

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Monday 19 December 11 17:51 GMT (UK) »
This is that picture of Robert frank and his wife!