Author Topic: Taylor/Hunter/Bell  (Read 1982 times)

Offline kack

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Taylor/Hunter/Bell
« on: Sunday 28 May 06 06:56 BST (UK) »
HI Everyone,

Would anyone have info on a Jane Taylor who married James Bell in 1910 at Labert she was 18 when married.

Her parents were John Taylor and Jane Taylor nee Hunter she was deceased at time of the daughters marriage.

I have looked on IGI but cannot find anything on them the father John was a miner.

I'm trying to find any info on the parents and also on any children either might have had.

Thanks

kack

(Kim) :)
Bell   Bo'ness West Lothian
Stewart    Stonehouse Lanarkshire
McInness  Ayreshire
West Middlesex England
De lesPine later changed to LePine La Gorge Flanders then from Canterbury Kent England

Online MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
Re: Taylor/Hunter/Bell
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 28 May 06 14:15 BST (UK) »
Hi Kim

You're in the wrong period to find records on IGI for Jane and her siblings. IGI records in the main are available up to 1875, records after this period are few and far between and are entries that have been submitted.

You will probably have to start by viewing her parents marriage cert on SP. There's an entry in 1882 for the marriage of a John Taylor and Jane Hunter in Bothkennar, Stirling. You will then have to work off the 1891 and 1901 censuses to gather info on Jane's siblings. You can then view individual birth certs for her and siblings on SP. There is for example a birth entry for a Jane Taylor in 1891 in Bothkennar which could be your Jane's.

From her parent's marriage cert. and details of their parents, you can then venture back into IGI for details of their siblings, births etc.

Regards.

Monica
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline WeeKim

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 10 March 19 10:15 GMT (UK) »
Hi Kim

I think we may be related through the Taylor line, John Taylor born 1863 to Thomas Taylor and Mary McDugal Cowan, John Taylor was my great great grandfathers brother (or perhaps half brother but that is another story within itself!) I have a lot of info on this branch and I am more than happy to share it with you.  John married Jane Hunter.

Kim 😁

Online rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 10 March 19 18:01 GMT (UK) »
Hi Kim and welcome to rootschat ..the poster Kim has not been active on here since 2009 ..if her e-mail address is still the same she will receive a notification you have posted

Rosie  :)