Author Topic: Hornblow  (Read 3252 times)

Offline slightlyfoxed

• RootsChat Senior
  • the Searcher
    • View Profile
Hornblow
« on: Friday 22 October 04 07:02 BST (UK) »
Any  information about members of a large family of Rev John Hornblow  in Braintree circa 1775 to 1789.
My  4x greatgrandmother was a Sarah Hornblow her  father Rev John was a Baptist minister of the fire and brimstone variety. He was  known for having a 'large family' in Braintree but apart from Sarah we have been unable to find any of them as yet.
Are there Any Hornblows out there?
Pomeroy in London & Liverpool , Pomery near Launceston Cornwall, Shearer of Thurso, Moore in Colchester and Hornblow in Braintree Essex, Machin in Hackney & Stafford & Cook in Herts, Campbell, Sutherland, Mackay, Brotchie, Gunn in Thurso Caithness. Cadle in South Africa.

researching the Pomeroy Family of Collaton in Newton Ferrers and St Columb in Cornwall

Offline slightlyfoxed

• RootsChat Senior
  • the Searcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hornblow
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 15 June 22 09:01 BST (UK) »
John Hornblow born 1744 on BARNES on the Thames . I have detailed this on my website. https://sites.google.com/view/sarah-hornblow-1820-settler/rev-john-hornblow
His obit says he was born in Halstead so I can only assume that this is what  he believed having lived there for much of his life . The family evidently moved from Barnes to Halstead before 1755.
They may have lived elsewhere for a short time after his brother Jeronimo or Jeremiah  arrived 1749   however I have not discovered where, there is a 6 year gap in the information, but by 1755  they were in Halstead in Essex ; John was 10 years old by then

Pomeroy in London & Liverpool , Pomery near Launceston Cornwall, Shearer of Thurso, Moore in Colchester and Hornblow in Braintree Essex, Machin in Hackney & Stafford & Cook in Herts, Campbell, Sutherland, Mackay, Brotchie, Gunn in Thurso Caithness. Cadle in South Africa.

researching the Pomeroy Family of Collaton in Newton Ferrers and St Columb in Cornwall