Author Topic: Where is Loughconnelly on the map? *COMPLETED  (Read 12708 times)

Offline Cell

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Two words that can change the world "Thank You"
    • View Profile
Re: Where is Loughconnelly on the map?
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 28 February 07 02:15 GMT (UK) »
Hi Cell,

I read your post with interest, my grandmother was Martha Purdy she married Alexander Nicholl Weir, my husband has put together  a website about the Weirs and Purdys with a photo album on it, I include the link if you would like to see it.

Regards Lynnette.

http://www.freewebs.com/weirfamilyorigins

Hi Lynnette , it's very nice to hear from you :).
I have seen your site, your mum sent me a wrong link to it, but I managed to find it in the end by searching Yahoo.

My mum and her siblings will be really pleased to see  some of the photos you have on there. I'll have to print them out and send them to mum - My grandmother never kept many photographs. ( perhaps because my gran moved houses a bit in the early days - so they got lost in the moves).

I have only just read the email that you have sent to me . I will email you some of the info I have ,also a   couple of the old pictures that I do have and  the certs when I manage to find some quiet time ( John Purdy's death certificate  is a bit of problem though - it's bigger than A4 size , my scanner is only A4  so I'm going to have to scan it in two pieces or something)

Very Kind Regards :)

P.S.
Regarding John Purdy's birth , who I now know was born around about 1852/53 going by his death cert ( this thread is an old one of mine I didn't have his death cert when I first wrote my original post)  I may have found his baptism record, I don't know if its  his yet until I purchase it.
Census information in my posts are crown copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.u

Offline Appalonia

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Where is Loughconnelly on the map? *COMPLETED
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 06 May 07 04:56 BST (UK) »
Mary Elizabeth McNeill was our great-grandmother's sister. Great-grandmother was Rachel McNeill, who married William Taggart. She was born in 1863 and died in 1913.

Offline valbeth

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 12 November 08 08:54 GMT (UK) »
G'day Scotmum,
I'm new, my Father's elder brother was born in Roughan, then the sister, Loughconnelly and he and the rest Magheramully. So Iam interested in the map too please as they don't appear on our maps. I know they are somewhere near racavan.
Valbeth

Offline RosemaryJoan

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 13 November 08 10:14 GMT (UK) »
Hello Valbeth,  If you have a look at my wee website
www.andersonsofbroughshane.info
you will find a link to a map of the townlands.  You will find Loughconnelly on it.  It has a zoom control on it so you can move about.  Regards,RosemaryJoan
Cully, Bannister, McConnell, Wallace (Co. Armagh)  Anderson, Ross (Co. Antrim), Gray, Truesdale (Co. Down)
McCormick (Killyleagh and finally Belfast)

Online scotmum

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • A tree full of life, a life full of branches!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 13 November 08 10:16 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for directing valbeth to your site ( I was just about to do likewise  ;D).
"Trees without roots fall over!"

""People who never look backward to their ancestors will never look forward to posterity." - Edmund Burke

Don't just wait for the storm to pass, learn to dance in the rain.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Be curious and however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at.”  Stephen Hawking

In a world where you can be anything, be kind .

Offline BellA85

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 12 October 14 15:47 BST (UK) »
Just noticed your posts on loughconnelly and skerry. I live there and see skerry out of my windows

Offline Cell

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Two words that can change the world "Thank You"
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 27 February 16 23:33 GMT (UK) »
Mary Elizabeth McNeill was our great-grandmother's sister. Great-grandmother was Rachel McNeill, who married William Taggart. She was born in 1863 and died in 1913.

Hi,
( I know this is in the completed section and is an old post - 2007, but hoping you may get a notification in your email in box when I post on this thread. You haven't been online for years.)
I didn't see your post way back in 2007.

Are you sure Rachel didn't die on the 23rd June 1910? ( I'm looking straight at her death certificate . The cert I am holding is definitely the Rachel who's husband was William living in Deerpark farms )
I have been going through my old lines, chasing up things, and by  googling brought your old post up. 

Do you have her death cert?
What I do not understand is where did you get that date of 1913 that you have from ( Her husband William was widowed in 1911 census and there seems to be no deaths in the BMDS in 1913 that could otherwise be her)

My mother, who knew her gran ,Mary Elizabeth McNeill ( married name Purdy) , had never heard of one of her grans sisters being a Rachel, but she probably wouldn't have if things were hushed up and Rachel being the oldest sister ,dying well before my grandmother (Mary's daughter) was born.
I don't think I've come across a baptism for Rachel ( unlike the others she was born before civil reg), but she is obviously Elizabeth's daughter as Elizabeth ( nee White) does mention her daughter Rachel Taggart.
If you see this, please reply, it's exciting to find a long lost family member.

Kind Regards :)

Census information in my posts are crown copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.u