• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Daly
« on: Friday 02 June 06 10:51 BST (UK) »
Daly
« on: Today at 10:43:26 »   

~~~~~~~~
I am trying to trace my Uncle Anthony Daly. I heard from St Patricks College Maynooth that  he was ordained as a priest in the mid 1950s in the Meath diocese.

There were two other Daly's  ordained around that same time.

M Daly early 1950's  and
E Daly ordained a year or so later

How can I trace my uncle a catholic priest named Daly?

Any ideas

Many Thanks

Anthony

Dates in blue have been changed by RootsChat as these refer to living people.

Offline Christopher

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • 1939 - 2009
    • View Profile
Re: Daly
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 18 November 06 16:07 GMT (UK) »
Hiya Anthony,

I'm wondering where you are located as I believe in many areas of the Catholic Church a book is published on a annual basis listing all the Churches, addresses of the Archbishop of the country, the Dioscesan Bishops and the Parish Priests in each at each of the Churches. I have an old copy lying around somewhere .. I think the title is Catholic Almanac and Year Book. I'm surprised that St Patrick's at Maynooth were unable to tell you where your Uncle might be today. Does the college not publish an annual magazine listing where young men who studied there are living and working today? The Almanac idea may not be much use if you are unable to discover the country in which your Uncle Anthony is living.

Would you mind if I post your query on a few of the Irish boards on which I regularly post in case your Uncle is somewhere in Ireland?

Have you posted on LookUpUK.com ???

All the Best, Christopher

Offline Anthony Daly

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 04 December 06 09:43 GMT (UK) »
Dear Christopher,

I re read the information received from St Patricks College  Maynooth.

Apparently there were three priest ordained  around that time. 
Michael Daly  ordained 20 06 1954
Edward Daly  ordained 19 06 1955
Anthony Daly ordained 17 06 1956

All in the Diocese of Meath

Where can I get a copy of the Catholic Almanac ? 

I had an email from Peter Daly in Kilbeggan who tells me that it was not an uncle but a distant cousin who was ordained  but he said this man died in 1940  so I think it cannot be the same uncle. I can verify this with a Sean Daly who knows more details.

Thanks  for your help

Anthony

Offline Sarahniece

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 21 December 12 23:09 GMT (UK) »
Hello
This is a message for Anthony Daly, my mother was Kathleen Daly (other siblings Margaret, Martin and Brian). I think you are my uncle, I would love to get in touch with you. not sure how this website works feel free to respond
Sarah

Online KitCarson

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 01 January 13 11:34 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sarah and welcome to Rootschat.  I understand that you need to make 3 posts to enable you to send a personal message (PM) to a member.  If you reply to this and then post again, that should work.

Kit
Rimmer/Appleton/Ashcroft: St Helens, Lancs // Cul(le)y:St Helens & Little Bolton // Stott: Huyton Quarry & Sutton, Lancs
Carson:Belfast? & St Helens // Kelly:Mullingar, West Meath? & St Helens // Ronan: Ferns, Wexford & St Helens // Daley:Oranmore & Athenry, Co Galway //
Cunningham: Heworth, Gateshead & Widnes & St Helens, originating Ireland
Edgar: Bellie, Moray // Anderson: Selkirk // Rutherford: Hobkirk, Roxburghshire //
Stewart: Angus // Watson: Moray & Jamaica // Watt: Cairnie

Offline Sarahniece

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 02 January 13 01:03 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Kit
I know I am not using this site for its intended use but with any luck it will work
S

Offline Sarahniece

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 02 January 13 01:07 GMT (UK) »
Trying to get in touch with Anthony Daly brother of Margaret, Kathleen (my mother), Martin and Brian. I saw a small family history on zoom share and then it led me here.
I would appreciate to make a connection
Sarah

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 02 January 13 08:27 GMT (UK) »
Hello
This is a message for Anthony Daly, my mother was Kathleen Daly (other siblings Margaret, Martin and Brian). I think you are my uncle, I would love to get in touch with you. not sure how this website works feel free to respond
Sarah

Anthony hasn't logged in to RootsChat for abut a year, but should have received notification that there have been replies to this thread and hopefully log back in again soon.

Leinster Moderator
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline ChelseaAnne2206

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 28 September 19 16:17 BST (UK) »
Hello
Sarah

Hi Sarah, could you send me a pm please? I'm researching Kathleen Daly and family born in Maynooth
Philpott, Liggins, Shaw, Nortcliffe, Roebuck, Holmes, Thorogood, Baker, Speight, Wilson, Tyreman, Thompson, Jobbins, Sallabanks,