Author Topic: Hinksman Dundee  (Read 1946 times)

Offline bluemale38

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Hinksman Dundee
« on: Saturday 03 June 06 17:06 BST (UK) »
Looking for indformation on a John Hinksman born 1816 in Dysart, he was some sort of fish trader fish saleman, looking for census returns for him and his family dundee 1860 to 1880 anyone help
Hinksman, Forrest, Lowe. Low,Coull, Stewert, Todd, Brown, Brand Hutchison, Little,Flynn, Gracie,Johnstone, Fairweather,Davidson,MurDoch,Trottor,Smith,Scobie,Rodger

Offline Sherlock

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Hinksman Dundee
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 03 June 06 17:32 BST (UK) »
The 1861, 1871 and 1881 census are all available on www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk. It is a pay per view site but once you locate your Hinksman, you will be able to view an image of the actual census page.
Andrew, Donald (Wester Highlands), Muckersie (Perth), Symon(s) (Dundee)

Offline Laurahinksman1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 27 September 20 21:59 BST (UK) »
. I might be able to help. I have a hinksman family tree that my grandads brother researched when he retired in the 80s i think. The tree dates back to the 1600s when the hinksmans lived at edvin loach near bromyard. The person your looking for may be on the tree?
I can look for you if you like? The documents are at my parents house. So let me know if you would like that

Offline Wendy2305

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 28 September 20 17:24 BST (UK) »
Hi The Hinksman family are living in Forgan Fife in 1861-71 They are in Dundee for a he 81 census