Author Topic: Link: Useful site to locate streets  (Read 1999 times)

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Link: Useful site to locate streets
« on: Thursday 08 June 06 11:09 BST (UK) »
I found this site by chance: it is a very useful tool for locating streets where ancestors might have lived:

http://www.zoopla.co.uk/house-prices  new link July 2013

Just put the name of the road into the search engine and select from the results.

I only wish I had remembered to use it before visiting ancestral villages yesterday.  I drove right past one location I was seeking and people I spoke to claimed never to have heard of it!  ::)

Caution!  Remember that streets are often renamed.  The terrace of houses I was seeking in one village had been pulled down in the 1970s and a new street, some distance away, was given the old name.

Bonus!  Find out how much your neighbours sold their house for (go on, tell me you aren't curious...)  ;D

I hope you find the site useful.

kind regards, Arranroots  ;)
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SOM: BIRD, BURT aka BROWN - HEF: BAUGH, LATHAM, CARTER, PRITCHARD - GLS: WEBB, WORKMAN, LATHAM, MALPUS - WIL: WEBB, SALTER - RAD: PRITCHARD, WILLIAMS - GLA: RYAN, KEARNEY, JONES, HARRY - MON: WEBB, MORGAN, WILLIAMS, JONES, BIRD - SCOTLAND: HASTINGS, CAMERON, KELSO, BUCHANAN, BETHUNE/ BEATON - IRELAND: RYAN (WATERFORD), KEARNEY (DUBLIN), BOYLE(DUNDALK)