Author Topic: clark family riccarton, hurlford  (Read 2037 times)

Offline windsor383

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
clark family riccarton, hurlford
« on: Friday 09 June 06 13:01 BST (UK) »
i am researching the Clark family and found that they came from riccarton, Ayr around 1744 when Quinton Clark was born he married jean willock around 1763. Quinton is as far back as i can get on the web, can any one give me some advice on where to look next or does any one know the burial ground at riccarton that have seen the Clark's on head stones. i would like to visit riccarton to look my self but as i live near London i do not want a wasted journey if no head stones exist. the family clark lived at riccarton and hurlford for a good 100 years.
any help would be very much appreciated
thank you Stu.

Offline mck

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: clark family riccarton, hurlford
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 14 October 09 23:09 BST (UK) »
Hope this helps you

http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~sctayr/eastayr.html

Pre 1855 gravestone inscriptions in Kilmarnock & Loudon District

The following cemeteries are recorded:-

Darvel Old Cemetery, Dunlop Churchyard, Fenwick Cemetery, Fenwick Churchyard, Galston Cemetery, Galston Churchyard, Kilmarnock Cemetery, Kilmarnock High Kirk Churchyard, Kilmarnock Laigh Kirk Churchyard, Kilmarnock St. Andrews Churchyard, Kilmaurs Churchyard, Old Loudon Kirk Churchyard, Newmilns Cemetery, Riccarton Churchyard, Riccarton Kaimshill Cemetery, Stewarton Cemetery, Stewarton Churchyard.

Regards Janice

Offline nessie309

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: clark family riccarton, hurlford
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 23 November 13 13:02 GMT (UK) »
Hi Stu... Riccarton is the parish and covers the areas in south end of Kilmarnock and Hurlford... There are cemeteries at Riccarton Churchyard (Kilmarnock) and out on the road  (A71) between Bellfield and Hurlford...by Torrance House - on Googles Maps it shows as Riccarton Cemetery - I have a lot of family buried there...  There are 2 parts to that cemetery the auld part within the brick walls and the newer part outside the walls...   you can e-mail Burialadmin@East-Ayrshire.gov.uk for help.

There are several clarks there - it is a fairly common name around Hurlford and Kilmarnock. 

Did you have any addresses - and have you searched the Old Parish Records (OPR)  in ScotlandsPeople ? ...Bill
Blackwood, Barbour, Dunlop, Aird, Sloan, Farrell

Ayrshire Born and Bred!

Birthname is William Barbour Dunlop.