Author Topic: A question regarding the"History from Headstones" website .  (Read 4698 times)

Offline Cell

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Two words that can change the world "Thank You"
    • View Profile
A question regarding the"History from Headstones" website .
« on: Sunday 11 June 06 23:39 BST (UK) »
Hi,
Does anyone here use the History from headstones website, the sister site of the UHF site? If so, can you please tell me if  some of the inscriptions that they have  listed  are recent ones too ? When I mean by recent; 1940's ,1950's etc.

I'm interested in purchasing some credits as there are two surnames listed together  in the right  area that maybe my great grandparents (who I know for sure died in the late 40's early 50's) - But If the site doesn't have any that are "recentish" like in the  40's 50's there is no way that they can be mine , so it would be rather pointless me buying the credits to view these ones that I'm interested in ; so I thought I'd ask this question first before spending out on some credits.

Thank you :)
Census information in my posts are crown copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.u

Offline Rab

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: A question regarding the"History from Headstones" website .
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 18 June 06 09:27 BST (UK) »

Hello Cell,

You should contact the History from Headstones people direct (There are contact details on their site) and they should be able to answer your question.

regards
Rab

Offline Christopher

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • 1939 - 2009
    • View Profile
Re: A question regarding the"History from Headstones" website .
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 21 February 08 14:16 GMT (UK) »
Hello Cell,

I thought I'd post a reply as there may be other people wondering the same thing as yourself. I'm just off the phone with a member of the UHF staff. "The History from Headstones" site covers approximately two hundred or more graveyards. There may be lists for a few new graveyards which would include the mid twentieth century but I was told that as a rule of thumb the 1920s would probably be the most recent.

Christopher