Author Topic: 1841 Lookup Andrew COMMON from Hutton  (Read 2580 times)

Offline Chorlton

• RootsChat Member
  • Proudly born in Hyde
    • View Profile
1841 Lookup Andrew COMMON from Hutton
« on: Tuesday 13 June 06 13:04 BST (UK) »
I am trying to confirm if an Andrew Common was a father to a Walter Common b1817, in Hutton (I think). Agnes would be the mothers name.

If anyone has access to 1841 (or other) census info, and could see details of the family, I would apreciate it.

Thanks
Chorlton -  Ashton Under Lyne, Cheshire/Lancashire
Common - Halifax, Yorkshire & Scotland <a href="http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,198195.0.htmll">Common One Name Interests</a>
Clegg - Yorkshire
Barber - Ashton Under Lyne, Cheshire/Lancashire
Hadfield - Ashton Under Lyne, Cheshire/Lancashire
Whitley - Yorkshire

Any census information that I have included is Crown Copyright, as per: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/legal/copyright.htm

Offline cordelia2

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: 1841 Lookup Andrew COMMON from Hutton
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 13 June 06 19:47 BST (UK) »
Hi,

Don't know if you have found who you are looking for yet but if not; www.maxwellancestry.com may be able to help you. They do census publications for Berwickshire so might be able to tell you which census book you need. They are a full transcription not just an index. On the website they have a list of surnames in each parish to point you in the right direction. You can also get a household search for just £5 http://www.maxwellancestry.com/Services.htm.

Hope you find your ancestors.

Offline Chorlton

• RootsChat Member
  • Proudly born in Hyde
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 13 June 06 23:16 BST (UK) »
Thanks for that link. 

I have at least found that the COMMON name in 1851 was in Coldstream, Duns, Fogo, Greenlaw and Whitsome Parishs.

And in the Hawick Parish in 1841.

Chorlton -  Ashton Under Lyne, Cheshire/Lancashire
Common - Halifax, Yorkshire & Scotland <a href="http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,198195.0.htmll">Common One Name Interests</a>
Clegg - Yorkshire
Barber - Ashton Under Lyne, Cheshire/Lancashire
Hadfield - Ashton Under Lyne, Cheshire/Lancashire
Whitley - Yorkshire

Any census information that I have included is Crown Copyright, as per: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/legal/copyright.htm

Offline Malcommon

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 31 December 07 17:16 GMT (UK) »
Hi Chorlton,  here is a good tip for you,  if you go onto Yahoo groups there is a site called Northumberland_commons   it is for research of the commons of Northumberland and there is a wealth of info on there. regards Malcolm Common