Author Topic: Anne Maria Ward  (Read 3923 times)

Offline Abbyrose

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Anne Maria Ward
« on: Friday 16 June 06 12:24 BST (UK) »
I would like to clarify some information I have obtained.

On the marriage certificate for William Savage and Anne Maria Ward, who were married in Magill, South Australia on 12 Feb 1867 it lists Anne Maria Ward's father as John and her age at the time of marriage as 18.

On the birth certificate for Anne Maria Ward, born 16 Mar 1849, her father is named as Richard Ward and her mother as Elizabeth Fannam.  This certificate was obtained after providing the estimated DOB as 1849 and giving the father's name as John, however perhaps there were two Anne Maria Ward's born in South Australia in 1849.

If anybody can clarify this, it would be appreciated.

Thanks
Abbyrose  :o
Tregoning, Dashwood, Stephens, Isaac, Savage, Baldwin, Battersby, Ward, Foots, Lucas, Armstrong, Rodgers, Mower, Phelan

Offline Robert Coble

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • crazy !!!! Crazy !!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Anne Maria Ward
« Reply #1 on: Friday 16 June 06 13:50 BST (UK) »
:o  :D :o  :D :o  :D :o  ;)
Hi,
Yes there was two Anne Ward born in South Australia:
1. Anne Ward Born: 14 Oct 1853. Adelaide. (F) Thomas Ward. (M) Fanny . Book/Page: 4/237.
2. Anne Elizabeth Ward. Born: 13 Aug 1864. Place :Alderton. Adelaide. (F) John William Ward. (M) Martha Wood.
[/color]

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Coble or Covell, Coule Australia, Canada, USA  @ England.
Barker Australia @ England
Walker Australia, England @ South America.
Bristol Australia @ England.
Nash Australia @ England.

Offline tropicalj

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • six grandkids
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 17 June 06 08:57 BST (UK) »
Hello there

there is a death for anne maria ward 20/7/1849
parents richards aged 4months and two weeks

it is more than like the two girls were born else where in oz or overseas

regards jenn
When you search for ancestors, you find great friends!
I live in Townsville researching
TOWNSEND,PINNEGAR, STRANGE, PULLEN, GRIFFIN from Wiltshire,,
SHOEBRIDGE, VINALL, BRINDLE, Kent
BAYLEY, Dorset,Yorkshire,
HAIR, Durham,
CUMMINS, BROWNLESS from Yorkshire,
EDSALL,  Cornwall,
MORGAN, HENNESSY, BAKER,  Ireland.
VAN REYK Sri Lanka
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.au

Offline Abbyrose

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Anne (or Ann) Maria Ward
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 18 June 06 08:40 BST (UK) »
Thanks OzyBob and Jenn for your replies but it appears that neither of these Anne (Maria) Ward's are the one I am looking for, as the one I am looking for would have been born in 1849 and lived until at least 1889 when her youngest child was born.  I presume the Anne Maria Ward who died in 1849 (reference Jenn) was the same Anne Maria Ward who I have the birth certificate for - but this is not the right Anne Maria Ward as her father's name was John and this child's father was Richard.

Perhaps Anne Maria Ward was not even born in Australia.  I believe her sister was named Sarah (born c1842).  Perhaps somebody may have records of the death of Anne Maria Ward (married name Savage) and/or Sarah Ward (married name also Savage) which might list their birthplace.  Alternatively, somebody may be able to help me out with shipping records for Anne Maria and Sarah Ward.  In actual fact, on the marriage certificate, Ann Maria has signed her name without the "e" on the end and one of the witnesses is Mary Ward.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Abbyrose
Tregoning, Dashwood, Stephens, Isaac, Savage, Baldwin, Battersby, Ward, Foots, Lucas, Armstrong, Rodgers, Mower, Phelan

Offline Elvie

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 20 April 24 09:16 BST (UK) »
Anne (Hannah) Maria Ward who married William Savage was the daughter of John Ward and Martha nee Cawcutt also spelt Cawkit, Cawcott, Callcott, Calcot, Carokutt, Cawcutt, Cawket, Callcutt Anna was born 03 Jun 1847 @ Roseworthy, Lyndock Valley,  South Australia, but the birth was not registered.  Her sister Sarah Ward married Alexander Savage 13 Feb 1866 Wesleyan Chapel, Gawler River, S.A.
https://www.theshipslist.com/ships/australia/agincourt1855.shtml
Agincourt, 669 tons, Captain E.J. Pashley [1245/3], from Plymouth 6th September 1855, arrived at Pt Adelaide, South Australia 4th December 1855
Savage   Alexander   15   Labourer   1430/3   Westmeath   with sisters, below
Savage   William   16   Labourer   1431/1   Westmeath   with sisters, below
Savage   Eliza   12   child       Westmeath   with brothers, above
Savage   Jane   10   child       Westmeath   with brothers, above
On 29-Jun-1887 SAVAGE, William. 47, a labourer of Onkaparinga was admitted to Hospital in Adelaide  where he stated born in Ireland and 31 years in SA. 
John Ward and wife Martha with dau Sarah, and another sister,  arrived in SA 1845 on Taymouth Castle.  Mother Martha born in Woodham, & bapt Waddesdon Bucks., England to Joseph & Sarah Callcott.  John Ward was born in adjacent Ludgershall Bucks to Thomas & Martha nee Brion/Bryant etc. and bapt 29 Sep 1811. A brother William Ward accompanied John & Martha on the journey to Australia.  A brother Thomas Ward arrived a few years later with his family and another brother, James Ward, arrived 1855 with his young family.  All settled in the Gawler River area out from Gawler.  All but Thomas and his family died there and were buried @ Gawler River Wesleyan Methodist where they were foundation members. Hope this helps.  Do have more.